What The F#$K Is Going On At Mdch

westmich

OK, I need to vent a little.

I registered as a caregiver last year and registered as a patient this year. My paperwork went in the first part of May and I am just now getting my card. The card had an effective date over 3 months old when I got it. It expires next June 1. I basically paid for a full year even though I only get it for 9 months (and yes I am thinking of sending them a letter asking for $25 of the $100 back). On top of that, I continue to read about the ongoing paper work issues and law enforcement coming to a head with the last set of raids.

What are we doing about it as the MMMA? Are meetings taking place or letters being written at the very least? This has been are number one issue from the start. It began with the MDCH waiting until the very last day possible to begin taking applications and it continues with them issuing every single card months late. Does the MDCH face any repercussions for this? Not as far as I can tell.

I realize LEO is no friend of ours either, but as someone who works in software development I try to follow the cardinal rule of - KEEP IT SIMPLE. If we can fix this one problem with getting cards out in 20 days from the MDCH - then hundreds of problems for thousands of patients would be largely settled and avoided in the future.

I believe it was resolved by the Senate that if they don't have it together by a date in September the licensing will be privatized.

Gee ... one would think that might've been "the plan" all along ... wouldn't we?

"Just say NO to Privatization"!

All the more reason to finally (once and FOR ALL!) de-illegalize".

Just ...

"FREE The CURE!"

Archived