Donation

Speaking for myself it is a matter of semantics. The law says you can be compensated for your expenses and that said compensation shall not constitute sale of marijuana.

No, that is not what it says.

"Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of a controlled substance."

I don't care how you phrase it, it is all semantics and serves no legal purpose. At the end of the day, a caregiver hands over MMJ to their patient and the patient hands money over to the caregiver. Under any other circumstances and in most other states that would be considered the sale of a controlled substance. Not under the MMA. If you are a registered caregiver supplying your registered patient you are exempt from this.

And before anyone jumps in with P2P, I am talking about what is specifically spelled out in the law, not what could be defend-able.

Heya, King Diamond, to me, a "donated" clone would be a new experience, but I guess it depends how deep is one's network of mm connections. My cost for clones annually has not been major,running about $25 x 60 x 1 1/2 crops. My overall costs will be dropping now as today I dropped the 5 "income challenged" patients I have been supplying free (thanks to bobandtorys post 'distribution without remuneration is a sentence of 1 year'), but probably not that much, since I just grew bigger trees to make the extra volume needed for the "free 5." It seems to me one major function compassion clubs could serve is to give clones away free to folks are income challenged (on SSI, on Medicaid, or SNAP--Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly Food Stamps) the 3 major and unchallenged proofs of poverty). CC's probably have sufficient caregivers as members who don't have their full complement of 5 patients and that "underage" could be used to justify keeping extra clones on hand, legally, to give away. I really don't know as I have never gone in the door of a CC. But maybe someone on here is more familiar than I?

I try not to make this personal, but you are truly lost my friend.

I have yet to pay for a cutting and I don't know any growers that do. I have paid for seeds from abroad, grew them out, and then traded cuts from those plants. Even if you can't find cuttings and have to buy rooted starter plants (a.k.a. clones), why in the world would you buy 60 at once? Buy one, make it a mother, and take cuttings as you need.

You dropped five patients in need because you misread a post on a forum? Serious?

You also mentioned you had to raise your price to $450 an ounce just to turn a profit? At $400 an ounce you were losing money?

Archived