Donation

Currently $450, but I started out at $300, with two patients and one relative (to whom I gave it free). Then a well-off friend switched from his caregiver to me and said I had to make a profit, he'd been paying more to his previous caregiver and I needed to charge more. If I felt sorry for people who couldn't afford it, first make my living on 5 patients, then I'd be financially able to help five more who could prove they couldn't pay. (I live with a female who is also a registered caregiver but has no role in my growing or caring for patients; her registration is a "legal convenience" should trouble arise over the 5 patients I supply for free), and given the current legal atrocities occurring, I expect it will.

I raised to $350, then $375. As I did so most of the original 4 paying patients, some whose use varied in fits and starts, left over price. I advertised for other patients (I keep typing "customers", a hard mindset to break from my days of dealing black market), then the landlord told me I could go quietly or some other way, but he just didn't hold with mmj and "he knew what I had in the basement." With 5 patients it had squeezed out any time for other work, and had become my full-time work, especially since of the original 5 patients, 3 didn't drive but I drove to them.

The friend who'd told me raise my price lent me the money to move, on the condition I raise my price enough to pay him back! We looked at overhead, rent, drive times and delivery costs and my making a living on 5 patients, and found at current volume $425 was breakeven. He suggested $450 minimum. That increase in the suggested donation cost me 2 patients immediately. I advertised for more patients and this time, new for me, interviewed for volume of use and told them I chose to help 5 patients for free and that was a factor in my "price." (I know I should be typing "donation" but that makes me think of how swing clubs operate). Anyway I don't have overages as the 5 "free" patients (on Disability and/or Medicare/and or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Payments--used to be called Food Stamps) take away the overages and excess. The one thing I don't do is deliver to them as I think they should have a financial stake or "investment" in their medicine, much as pharmacies and/or insurance charge a co-pay. I will soon be increasing the suggested donation as I've been given notice my medical insurance premiums rise $325 in December this year over last and that money has to come from donations, or I will be living naked without medical insurance.

Currently $450, but I started out at $300, with two patients and one relative (to whom I gave it free). Then a well-off friend switched from his caregiver to me and said I had to make a profit, he'd been paying more to his previous caregiver and I needed to charge more. If I felt sorry for people who couldn't afford it, first make my living on 5 patients, then I'd be financially able to help five more who could prove they couldn't pay. (I live with a female who is also a registered caregiver but has no role in my growing or caring for patients; her registration is a "legal convenience" should trouble arise over the 5 patients I supply for free), and given the current legal atrocities occurring, I expect it will.

I raised to $350, then $375. As I did so most of the original 4 paying patients, some whose use varied in fits and starts, left over price. I advertised for other patients (I keep typing "customers", a hard mindset to break from my days of dealing black market), then the landlord told me I could go quietly or some other way, but he just didn't hold with mmj and "he knew what I had in the basement." With 5 patients it had squeezed out any time for other work, and had become my full-time work, especially since of the original 5 patients, 3 didn't drive but I drove to them.

The friend who'd told me raise my price lent me the money to move, on the condition I raise my price enough to pay him back! We looked at overhead, rent, drive times and delivery costs and my making a living on 5 patients, and found at current volume $425 was breakeven. He suggested $450 minimum. That increase in the suggested donation cost me 2 patients immediately. I advertised for more patients and this time, new for me, interviewed for volume of use and told them I chose to help 5 patients for free and that was a factor in my "price." (I know I should be typing "donation" but that makes me think of how swing clubs operate). Anyway I don't have overages as the 5 "free" patients (on Disability and/or Medicare/and or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Payments--used to be called Food Stamps) take away the overages and excess. The one thing I don't do is deliver to them as I think they should have a financial stake or "investment" in their medicine, much as pharmacies and/or insurance charge a co-pay. I will soon be increasing the suggested donation as I've been given notice my medical insurance premiums rise $325 in December this year over last and that money has to come from donations, or I will be living naked without medical insurance.

I think the result of your friend advising you to raise your pricing speaks for itself.

where did you get the idea it's illegal to sell medfical mrijauna...is it illegal for pfizer or any other phamecutical company to sell vicadin ior oxycontin for pain?

Speaking for myself it is a matter of semantics. The law says you can be compensated for your expenses and that said compensation shall not constitute sale of marijuana.

i really want to know honest answers only . what are patients giving/donating to the their own caregiver for 1 oz of medical marijuana

honest answers only , what are michigan mm patients giving/donating to their own caregiver for 1 oz of mm

welcome2thegroupflowers.jpg

Welcome " graciemmma " to MMMA 2.0

Our patient pays / donate Zero $ for their first Oz

Honest Answer this question, how much is a new car ?

Looks like nobody took the bait.

The obvious answer is, depends on the car, just like the price of MM depends on the Quality of MM you are receiving.

Looks like price debate threads have wised up a little and are not getting out of control like they have in the past.

Great Job Everyone !!!

Guest drcanna-pest

it depends on the strain. and the product in general...and who is growing it. If it is properly cured and a good potent strain it varies - $200- up to $500. The latter is a bit ridiculous but I have seen it. Most should be around the $300 range...

$200-$240 reguardless of strain

And thats IF i were ever to take on a patient i cant see any reason to charge more especially when you know that its going to be used by someone who's illnesses likely put them in a lower tax bracket.

Side note here

I guess if a caregiver paid through their nose for some exotic strain that would and should increase the price but i get all my clones donated to me and i make sure i reciprocate whenever possible.

Heya, King Diamond, to me, a "donated" clone would be a new experience, but I guess it depends how deep is one's network of mm connections. My cost for clones annually has not been major,running about $25 x 60 x 1 1/2 crops. My overall costs will be dropping now as today I dropped the 5 "income challenged" patients I have been supplying free (thanks to bobandtorys post 'distribution without remuneration is a sentence of 1 year'), but probably not that much, since I just grew bigger trees to make the extra volume needed for the "free 5." It seems to me one major function compassion clubs could serve is to give clones away free to folks are income challenged (on SSI, on Medicaid, or SNAP--Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly Food Stamps) the 3 major and unchallenged proofs of poverty). CC's probably have sufficient caregivers as members who don't have their full complement of 5 patients and that "underage" could be used to justify keeping extra clones on hand, legally, to give away. I really don't know as I have never gone in the door of a CC. But maybe someone on here is more familiar than I?

First step to finding a member willing to donate their genetics to you is to meet them face to face once i look a person in their eyes i usually can determine if they are in this to make money or to help others I'm very fortunate to have met a certain individual here on these boards and now we are best of friends and neither will ever want for medicine ever again.

Heya, King Diamond, to me, a "donated" clone would be a new experience, but I guess it depends how deep is one's network of mm connections. My cost for clones annually has not been major,running about $25 x 60 x 1 1/2 crops. My overall costs will be dropping now as today I dropped the 5 "income challenged" patients I have been supplying free (thanks to bobandtorys post 'distribution without remuneration is a sentence of 1 year'), but probably not that much, since I just grew bigger trees to make the extra volume needed for the "free 5." It seems to me one major function compassion clubs could serve is to give clones away free to folks are income challenged (on SSI, on Medicaid, or SNAP--Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly Food Stamps) the 3 major and unchallenged proofs of poverty). CC's probably have sufficient caregivers as members who don't have their full complement of 5 patients and that "underage" could be used to justify keeping extra clones on hand, legally, to give away. I really don't know as I have never gone in the door of a CC. But maybe someone on here is more familiar than I?

http://www.kzoocpcl.org/content/local-state-and-federal-marijuana-policy

i really want to know honest answers only . what are patients giving/donating to the their own caregiver for 1 oz of medical marijuana

I sell mine to my patients for $150 an ounce. That compensates all expenses and I figure it leaves me $25 to $30 an hour gross for labor.

A more important question you should be asking as a patient is what is it in for me. Any worthwhile caregiver knows the value of getting a patient and keeping a patient and the 12 plants it brings. If a caregiver tells you they need $300 or more for an ounce and that they are doing you a favor - KEEP LOOKING!

Archived