The Journal Of "the Room"

totung

This thread is a journal of the very first grow room I have ever built.

The very first step? The diagram!

Below is a diagram that I designed so I can figure out what I am going to need to do.

The new wall in red will need to be built along with another wall that will split the available space into two separate rooms.

One of the rooms will be used for a cloning/veg/mother room. The other for a flower room.

Not sure where I want to split the room in half at. That is where you guys come in.

Any suggestions on where I should split the room to make two separate rooms?

gallery_16042_273_32563.jpg

Guest finallyfree09

depends on how many patients you are growing for imo. if only for a couple i wouldn't put up any walls. i would get a good size metal storage cabinet and light proof the heck out of it and make THAT your veg cabinet. maybe 2 of them... one for mothers and clones and one for vegging plants intended for flowering.

it would save you a WHOLE lot of work. just buy a couple of in line duct fans like these...

http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=46434

and vent the cabinets into the room. then you just gotta figure out whether you want to vent the room to another area or seal it and control the environment with humidifiers and a/c. you would also have to have CO2.

the downfall to this is that you would only be able to enter the room when the flowering lights are on.

hope that helps a bit.

i guess i should have given more details and information on what i would like to do with the space.

i am going to be growing for myself and maybe one or two other patients. for now, just for myself.

my goal is to have a perpetual harvest with as many plants that fit comfortably in the room provided in the flowering room.

the main reason for making it a complete room is to make sure that i can seal it off properly so no odor escapes along with making sure all of my electrical is mounted to a wall.

i want to do it right the first time.

i want to do it right the first time.

Listen to others. Don't go through a ton of work on your first room. I changed my plan 3 times and now finding out more BS I'm doing wrong... I'm making another change. open is better so when you make changes you are not limited.

I agree with mememe, 1/4 of the flowering should be good for a veg area. Plants in flower somehow have a way of exploding and getting bigger than you thought, so consider extra room. One idea is to build the rooms temporarily with 4mil plastic, 100 ft of it is 40$. Use duct tape, push pins and an electric stapler . It sounds like something from the red-green show but i've used black plastic alot in 10 years and seen it used in creative ways many times (doors, walls, dividers etc). You can even buy zippers that stick on for doors or make huge flaps on the inside and outside of your opening, pin those back when you need to work. Its seems impossible for any room to be 100% airtight...most important is that the exhaust is greater than the intake, creating a vacuum. With a good enough exhaust odors are not a problem in any type of area.

The great thing about a basement setup is that you can usually intake air through those little inconspicuous windows or dryer vent and exhaust with the exhaust ducting for the furnace or water heater, out the top of the house. With a basement you may even need small heaters in the winter to keep the temps in the rooms nice and warm. I also know some people in the basement might put 1" foam or something between the pots and the floor because of the cold floor. Blessings!

The whole idea of not building an actual room is good. Less work to do and less money to spend.

I just wonder where all of the power/electrical is going to be mounted.

I have a friend that is going to replace the current breaker box in the house along with run a secondary breaker box to supply the two rooms.

I am trying to figure out where all of that stuff will be mounted if there aren't actual physical walls that make up the two rooms.

Archived