Legalizing Cannabis Could Help Halt Mexico's Violence.

It's all about the money, Baby.

Once it is legalized and regulated the violent aspect will go away.

But I fear right now there is more money to be made by both the 'dealers' and the 'enforcement' agencies to hope for anything to change unless California can start the 'legalization' ball rolling.

Viewpoints welcomed.

http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v10/n726/a11.htm

It's all about the money, Baby.

Once it is legalized and regulated the violent aspect will go away.

But I fear right now there is more money to be made by both the 'dealers' and the 'enforcement' agencies to hope for anything to change unless California can start the 'legalization' ball rolling.

Viewpoints welcomed.

http://www.mapinc.or...10/n726/a11.htm

If marijuana was the only thing coming across the border, I would agree. But a backpack full of cocaine is worth more than a backpack full of weed. Other drugs... even humans, have value to the smugglers.

It may help, for a while, but the smugglers need to keep a profit margin, and they would just switch to something else...... to something more harmful to Americans. In the end, it could make things worse. Maybe ?

Peace.

If marijuana was the only thing coming across the border, I would agree. But a backpack full of cocaine is worth more than a backpack full of weed. Other drugs... even humans, have value to the smugglers.

It may help, for a while, but the smugglers need to keep a profit margin, and they would just switch to something else...... to something more harmful to Americans. In the end, it could make things worse. Maybe ?

Peace.

Nope. That is the erroneous thinking that our government uses to continue this insanity. Its all based on supply and demand. The only way it could make it worse was if some how millions of Americans decided they wanted to do coke now that weed was legal. We can just pick a number, say 45 percent of the money is from smuggling weed. That 45 percent is gone when weed becomes legal. If in a month we consume 10 keys of coke we wont magically bump that up to 20 keys, just because weed is legal. Then you also have to consider the effort we put into stopping that weed. Lets say we spend half our drug budget pursuing weed.... hmm the drug cartels lost half their money and now we have twice the resources to go after real drugs.... theres no way it can make things worse, it can only help.

Nope. That is the erroneous thinking that our government uses to continue this insanity. Its all based on supply and demand. The only way it could make it worse was if some how millions of Americans decided they wanted to do coke now that weed was legal. We can just pick a number, say 45 percent of the money is from smuggling weed. That 45 percent is gone when weed becomes legal. If in a month we consume 10 keys of coke we wont magically bump that up to 20 keys, just because weed is legal. Then you also have to consider the effort we put into stopping that weed. Lets say we spend half our drug budget pursuing weed.... hmm the drug cartels lost half their money and now we have twice the resources to go after real drugs.... theres no way it can make things worse, it can only help.

Ganja,

IMHO your 'logic' is impeccable.

If I weren't so brilliant I'd have to say your intelligence almost matches my own (SMILES).

But seriously, I believe you are correct.

America isn't going to switch over to using cocaine or other harder drugs so the 'dealers' profit margins would be cut drastically AND at least the violence associated with cannabis / marijuana would be out of the picture... AND the DEA could then chase the cocaine boys and girls and leave the rest of us ALONE.

Either way... I hope Cal does it this November... YEAH!

Archived