Muscle Spasms

jinx

I have a friend of the age of 60 who has severe spasms which are compromising his quality of life. They occur in his head, neck, legs and arms. He has Post Concussive Syndrome with some some Parkinsonism. Has anyone found that MMJ has been useful ? He is reluctant to try MMJ unless he knows that it is likely to be of value.

Many thanks,

Dr. Jinx

I have a friend of the age of 60 who has severe spasms which are compromising his quality of life. They occur in his head, neck, legs and arms. He has Post Concussive Syndrome with some some Parkinsonism. Has anyone found that MMJ has been useful ? He is reluctant to try MMJ unless he knows that it is likely to be of value.

Many thanks,

Dr. Jinx

Crohn's is mussel spasms in the GI.

Two or 3 drops, of my oil, turns them off in about 20 minutes.

Just the smell of it may turn off some of them.

Of course Pbs oil is the best ... but my sister makes oil too and her oil is what my patient uses for his muscle spasms.. The topical oils tend to loosen and calm the muscles so it works great for pain.. tightness and spasms.. In fact he swears by the stuff and Uses alot of it.. Another persons face had a large skin cancer on it and with regular use for two weeks the cancer disappeared from using her oil.. We learned how to make the oil by watching Pbs video..So what im saying basically is that anyone can make this topical oil to releave pain and spasms (and skin cancer for that matter) So Its pretty good odds that the topical thc oils would help releave the spasms for your friend..

Many thanks,

Dr. Jinx

First off inform your friend he is a ninnie for questioning whether or not to try MM. It is about as harmful as a glass of water.

Second: it has helped me quite a bit with pain due to nerve frailty. It seems to have done this by helping me relax and be more aware of the environment outside myself. It is so easy to give into the pain and allow it to be your being. The more you give in and favor it the more it demands favor pushing things further off balance. If I can just experience it without having to do more than acknowledge it is there it has much less power. Give in a little and walking quickly turns into a staggering wobble punctuated with gasps of pain.

Crohn's is mussel spasms in the GI.

Two or 3 drops, of my oil, turns them off in about 20 minutes.

Just the smell of it may turn off some of them.

Low Vitamin D now connected to Parkinsons according to www.lef.org. Its cheap at any health food store. I gotta try the oil PB sometime. Is it about like the Simpson Oil?

Yes, it helps with muscle spasms, both from MS and from back injury such as spinal ailments.

Here is a reference that may help:

Short-Term Effects of Medicinal Cannabis on Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis

I even convinced my Primary Care Doctor to give me a prescription for Marinol

which I consume at night to prevent muscle stiffness and spasms while sleeping.

Speaking from my personal experience ...

Yes! CANNABIS works WONDERS for muscle spasms.

And, YES! CANNABIS works WONDERS for tremors.

I suffer from a life-long, irreversible, incurable disorder of the central nervous system known to the medical world as "Action Myoclonus Syndrome - Severe".

Not all AMS is hereditary; However it is believed that my condition is hereditary in consideration of the fact that the syndrome is prevalent on my father's side of the family.

Unfortunately, at least three of my children also have visible, physical symptoms of AMS.

I also suffer from a "sister disorder" of the central nervous system known as "Familial Essential Tremor".

The three children who are now beginning to show outward, physical signs of Action Myoclonus Syndrome have already long shown physical signs of hereditary Tremor.

AMS and FES are extremely agrivated by many man-made chemicals - especially added chlorine in tap water (a definite No-No, for me!); And, things like bleach and commercial herbicides and pesticides, such as the GARLON3A (triclopyr) that weed and brush-control companys like Asplundh carelessly and recklessly poison our already much too fragile watersheds and forests, marine and wildlife and our bodies with whenever they spray their noxious, poisonous chemicals such as Garlon3A all over the nation and state's 1000s of miles of electric powerlines to kill fruit trees, shrubs and berry plants, etc.

Speaking for myself, CANNABIS IS THE BEST NATURAL REMEDY to help control the severity and intensity of my normally otherwise violent, sudden, uncontrolable muscle spasms. And, with absolutely no serious health side-effects.

(My primary doctor's only concern has always been, since I've been on the same regiment of medicines for the last dozen years or so, is that my main method of ingestion is inhaling; Because, the doc - certainly rightfully - believes burning papers are an irritant to my lungs. However, the doc also notes that the more CANNABIS I consume the LESS I use my asthma inhaler. In fact, if I have decent herbals available that are relatively free from unnatural additives - I rarely use my inhaler at all - only occassionaly, mostly in the morning when I first get out of bed.)

However, I have also found that a pharmaceutical medicine known as [brand name] Keppra, together with a daily regiment of CANNABIS works very well together.

In fact, on my last visit to my neurologist, he was so impressed by the "stability" of my tremors and spasms while working in combination with MEDICINAL CANNABIS that he gave me my scrip for Keppra with 11 more refills and told me I shouldn't need to see him again for a whole year; unless there is a significant change for the worse in my condition! (Knock! Knock!)

I wish I could say that CANNABIS works complete miracles and that it stops my clonic convulsions 100%; However that, simply, is not true; At least, not with any of the herbals I've been able to afford to try for any length of time to fully understand the long-range effects.

I will say, however, with all sincerity, I would not be able to type or even eat with a spoon, much less a fork, without CANNABIS; And, believe me - I know - I've been pumped full of all the pharmaceuticals known to "modern medicine," to try to medically control my spasms and tremors, but none of them worked, at least not for very long - without causing me far more health problems than it was worth; Not clonazapam (Klonopin), depakote, valium, elavil, malaril, benedryl, thorazine ... or any other "helpful" but more harmful chemical ending in um, il, am or ine. Or any other bunch of letters, for that matter.

: /

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.

FREE The CURE!

Archived