Operation In The Works...

rainx

Hello, I'm very turned on by the Vertical Grow set-up's I've been seeing online, however I have a few crucial questions before I get started. Basically, I need to know if the hydroponic rock wells are the way to go, if not, please let me know what is better / more effective. Second, I'm a "newbie" to the cultivation of anything, and I'm unsure if there is a special strain of marijuana I should purchase in order to grow properly in a Vertical grow in which everything appears to be cramped together and fairly short..., start with clones? I really like the idea of having less lights, I had originally intended on running about 10 1000w, the good ol' fashioned way. I was going to do about 100 plants(legally of coarse), does anyone have a layout or design OR suggestions of the most effective & efficient way to do so? Any and all replies will be appreciated. Thank you & regards!

Doing a vertical grow ur first grow would probably be difficult.

You shouldn't need any hydro rocks. Should just be 2" net pots with neoprene collars.

If you haven't seen his grows already... Heath Robinson, vertical grow.

http://www.google.com/m/search?client=ms-palm-webOS&channel=bm&q=heath+robinson+vertical+grow&gws_link_params=spell:1&ei=UKKHTIDVN566M8zWhJ0B&ved=0CAwQvwUoAA

Well, you do mention 'legally', and given the context of this forum I think we need to lean toward larger plants than many of the vertical wall-of-green grow styles call for. I'm happy to sacrifice a real high performance in terms of grams / watt in favor of a higher ratio of grams / plant. One of my strains ends up at around 5-6 ounces per plant, leaving me plenty of room in my plant count for clones and vegging plants.<br><br>edit: Anybody that has seen Heath Robinson's projects would definitely want to do things his way, right now, without considering other options.  He's a wonderful designer and a real grower, but hasn't had to deal with plant count limits.<br>

Guest drcanna-pest

Hello, I'm very turned on by the Vertical Grow set-up's I've been seeing online, however I have a few crucial questions before I get started. Basically, I need to know if the hydroponic rock wells are the way to go, if not, please let me know what is better / more effective. Second, I'm a "newbie" to the cultivation of anything, and I'm unsure if there is a special strain of marijuana I should purchase in order to grow properly in a Vertical grow in which everything appears to be cramped together and fairly short..., start with clones? I really like the idea of having less lights, I had originally intended on running about 10 1000w, the good ol' fashioned way. I was going to do about 100 plants(legally of coarse), does anyone have a layout or design OR suggestions of the most effective & efficient way to do so? Any and all replies will be appreciated. Thank you & regards!

first of all...10 1000watt for 100 plants? you wont be able to flower them all at once 'the legal way' anyhow. if you are new to growing cannabis DO NOT use hyrdo. go with soil until you learn more about the plant and its tendencies. i would go to a local grow shop and talk to someone about a set-up. there is sooo much to learn. check out bubblegrowers info...he seems to take the time to help folks very well. im just too impatient. good luck.

oh and if your near west michigan there is a grow store in Rothbury that specializes in grow room set-ups.

www.plantparadiseonline.com

Guest drcanna-pest

Someone else trying to get rich off growing marijuana. Good luck its harder then you know

you got that right...with the amount of plants he wants to grow and lights etc....i always encourage new patients and growers of course but he seems very green. hahaha pardon the pun!

Archived