Rejuvinateing Plants

elklake

I tried this before and holy cow was it hard. I had a big container plant outside that I wanted to try and reveg. I harvested everything from the top 3 feet or so of the plant and selectivley got some of the buds from lower down. Even though the plant had 2/3 of its leaves still it really wanted to die... I put it under a T5 all by itself and hoped for the best. The plant was just not drinking water at all the first two weeks and im sure I overwatered. It took around a month for new growth to start growing.

I battled every disease known to cannabis with this plant. It grew really slow I thought for having established roots and foliage. It hermied in the end, real selective I probably only picked off 10-20 pollen sacs on a 7 ft plant. The second yield was crappy around 1/4 - 1/3 of the first with far less quality.

I dont think the practice has many advantages really and I wont be attempting anything close in the future.

It depends on the plant...

How much foliage is left, it's overall health and how hardy it was in flower.

IF it is a stocky plant, with a lot of foliage still on it, AND it didn't have any health issues-- AND (the big one) It was a VERY good producer with good final results--- RE-VEG!

Flush the plant, remove ANY calyx's or bud remaining on her, and put her back into 24 hour lighting-- 18/6 does NOT work for re-vegging-- it'll keep trying to flower and die....

Once the top 2 inches of soil have dried (or in hydro-- after 3 days of flushing) Add your Vegging nutes at a dose meant for adult vegging plants. Treat her like a clone-Mom, and IF she already has a lot of foliage, you can flower her back out once she has grown at LEAST an additional 3 nodes of new growth on each remaining branch.

IF she is sparse-- let her get filled-in with new leaves-- then flower her out..

keep in mind-- re-vegging takes just as long OR LONGER than cloning, since the plant is now chemically in "flower" Mode and must change back to "Veg mode" before she can start getting new growth-- up to 6 weeks or more (depending on what strain it is strain and the health of the plant)

We've done it in order to save genetics that turned out better than expected... BE SURE to take a couple clones off it before you flower her and keep one as a Mom if you can... you can't keep re-vegging-- each cycle the yields and quality will diminish.

Good Luck Hun! :thumbsu:

Guest drcanna-pest

I tried this before and holy cow was it hard. I had a big container plant outside that I wanted to try and reveg. I harvested everything from the top 3 feet or so of the plant and selectivley got some of the buds from lower down. Even though the plant had 2/3 of its leaves still it really wanted to die... I put it under a T5 all by itself and hoped for the best. The plant was just not drinking water at all the first two weeks and im sure I overwatered. It took around a month for new growth to start growing.

I battled every disease known to cannabis with this plant. It grew really slow I thought for having established roots and foliage. It hermied in the end, real selective I probably only picked off 10-20 pollen sacs on a 7 ft plant. The second yield was crappy around 1/4 - 1/3 of the first with far less quality.

I dont think the practice has many advantages really and I wont be attempting anything close in the future.

this will cause much too much stress for the plant. you will either wait way too long to be worth it or it will hermie if you get enough new growth to veg again. the issue with cannabis is...it doesn;t return the next year. when it is done flowering the plant dies. thats why it grows seeds. this is not a normal function and is a waste of time. get some clones or seeds...

Guess we just did something different--

we've done 3 different plants in the past-- not to re-flower them- but to get clones from plants who's genetics would otherwise have been lost... One was because it was a random seed that turned out to be a really great cross---

then a couple years later, our cloner croaked on us and I needed to come-up with new clones from those genetics (as we couln't get new seeds of that strain anytime soon...too pricey at $160 per pack!)

That is THE only good reason I can state for doing it... not for flowering only-- but for keeping it's genetics.

BTW: Outdoors it doesn't work..... I'm just saying, cuz of the "it won't grow back next year" comment....

this is an indoor-only thing....

Archived