How Long Is Too Long?

elklake

I have been told it is worse to let your buds go too long than to take them early. I know nothing about tri-clomes. I have 2 weeks to go by the callendar but buds are huge, mostly white with just slight hint of oarnge on the tips of each bud. They seem to still be growing but I dont want to leave them too long. Any advice? Thanks

I have read once the pistils are about 75% brown/amber ect they r ready to go. Also when the trics are between 50% amber and 25%milky they r good to harvest. That's all I have bro lol hope it helps

Hairs are not a consistent indicator of when a plant is ready, to many other variables effect the hairs.

Going by the trichromes most people chop when most all are cloudy, with a few amber.

When the trichromes turn amber, it is because the THC s starting to decay.

More amber normally means more of a couch look high and less amber more cloudy is more of an up high. The strain is a more determining factor in the type of high tho.

i started a post on this subject last week. I got my scope and always use it. i started the topic cause i got 2 ladies that where the only survivers of my irst cross breed and i want them to be prime. my concern was the hairs as well I have never seen or grew any thing that had this many hairs and i normaly use the scope when i have about 50% of the hairs change. on my first check i was about 50/50 milky white/clear trichs i checked again last night and most are milky about 85-90% so im gonna finish my flush and hope to drop them by the end of this week as soon as i see a lil amber. to repeat on every one els dont judge on the hairs alone. my lil cross breed will most likely turn all orange and i got a sativa that is soon to follow and she will only have about 60 pecent of her hairs change color a very nice red color first time for that with me. any way the point being spend the 12 dollars at radio shack thats where i got mine and pick em at the peak of ripeness like you would any fruit or veggie.

Archived