Keltic Chemicals And Consciousness.

Yes, my friends, I'm afraid I am at it again.

Here's a little something more for you deep thinkers and Gurus of the Universal Consciousness.

But do please remove shoes before stepping through the threshold.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

http://csp.org/chres...ouging_the.html

I can imagine amanita use being ubiquitous in ancient Ireland. It's a nice trip prepared properly. As you probably know, the (Norse I think) "Berserkers" reputedly ate them before battle to transform into seemingly invincible fighting machines. I have read of Finn MacCumhail. Ever heard of the Warp Spasm? When dudes would literally transform in the middle of battle so that the insides of their bodies were on the outside and they became impervious to damage?! Crazy.

I can imagine amanita use being ubiquitous in ancient Ireland. It's a nice trip prepared properly. As you probably know, the (Norse I think) "Berserkers" reputedly ate them before battle to transform into seemingly invincible fighting machines. I have read of Finn MacCumhail. Ever heard of the Warp Spasm? When dudes would literally transform in the middle of battle so that the insides of their bodies were on the outside and they became impervious to damage?! Crazy.

Mezz, there are some very good books on the use of herbs and entheogens on the web.

A guy named Ruck has written a great deal about how herbs and mushrooms have been used for both tribal and religious purposes in our early history.

He and others have covered the subject in good detail. I found the books well worth the read.

Mezz, there are some very good books on the use of herbs and entheogens on the web.

A guy named Ruck has written a great deal about how herbs and mushrooms have been used for both tribal and religious purposes in our early history.

He and others have covered the subject in good detail. I found the books well worth the read.

Thanks, maybe I'll check that out. Are you familiar with Terrence Mckenna?

Thanks, maybe I'll check that out. Are you familiar with Terrence Mckenna?

Mezz, Yes I've read some of McKenna's stuff, very interesting.

This Ruck fellow I mentioned has done some very nice writing on the background of the early Greek and European gods and the use of 'ergot' that has the same chemical properties as LSD, this ergot occurs naturally on certain types of grasses and grains that are found around the ancient Temples of Apollo near Athens and other sacred places.

In some of his books he also discusses the use of various herbs, such as Wolfbane as an example, and how the legends of the Werewolf came about as a result of the various hunting groups very early on using this herb as a sacrament in hunting rituals and the effects that Wolfbane consistently has on the human mind.

Hell of a read.

Rucks books are not that easy to find but if you have a library card you can have the books sent by way of MEL directly to your local library from any other library in the State.

If you get one of Ruck's books and look into the reference section you'll get a ton of other writers that Ruck has used to do his own research, and there is quite a lot of it out there, much more now than just a very few years back... encouraging.

Check out our Mr. Ruck... sounds like you might like his stuff.

Archived