Flintstoners, Look Out....

If ya live in Flint, Mi I seen a narco walking a drug dog down S bound Grand Traverse @ I69 today letting him run up in each yard as he passed telling him good boy! I can lay ya $20 what he was looking for. No cruiser in site. Bet he was taking note though of any hits he gets!!! To far from the police station to be taking him for a walk. He did the whole block and crossed the street before my light changed.

The dog is trained to find revenue, not compliance.

Kinda wrong that the dog is also trained to smell out gunpowder, cocaine, corpses, explosives and so on...

Think about that, you could be sitting at home, listening to the Tigers get beat (as always) and be reloading ammo... then bam you get raided, cops think you are growing pot cause the dog signaled.

I am just saying...

The dog is trained to find revenue, not compliance.

Kinda wrong that the dog is also trained to smell out gunpowder, cocaine, corpses, explosives and so on...

Think about that, you could be sitting at home, listening to the Tigers get beat (as always) and be reloading ammo... then bam you get raided, cops think you are growing pot cause the dog signaled.

I am just saying...

Actually from what I understand police dogs are trained for one purpose only. For example if it is trained to track human smell then it is NOT cross-trained to find mj. If it were think of the mess the cops would be in when trying to track a kidnapper through a neighborhood. That's why some dogs are called drug dogs while others may be called cadaver dogs.

In Michigan it is illegal to walk your dog without a leash.

That's true but the key word there is "walk." Working dogs actually can go without a leash while working. I take mine hunting all the time and it's legal. Same goes for farm working dogs and other working dogs such as police dogs. So either the dog was working or the cop was breaking the law by walking it unleashed.

• 3 weeks later...

That's true but the key word there is "walk." Working dogs actually can go without a leash while working. I take mine hunting all the time and it's legal. Same goes for farm working dogs and other working dogs such as police dogs. So either the dog was working or the cop was breaking the law by walking it unleashed.

Wouldn't a "working" dog, going into people front yard be considered straight up trespassing? (especially if it's "working")

Technically yes. This action would be tresspassing. The hope of the police department is to get a reasonable suspicion about various houses, so that they can then target the house to watch for activity consistent with MJ use/growing. Is it a party house? "Anonymous" Noise complaint is opportunity for a bust, but they never mention the dog in the yard.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Sure they weren't just casing the neighborhood for family dogs to shoot?

Seriously tho, someone has to video these storm troopers and post it up on uTube and see how they spin it to the public. My guess is "Homeland Security".

:devil:

Archived