Schuette Education Effort

Mr. Schuette has been a staunch but rather ineffective opponent of Cannabis in any form. He is now in a position to further his agenda if elected as Attorney General (think cox with an attitude and a fresh term) and he is leading in the polls. I think the most effective strategy is to have education tables at any event I and or anyone else can attend where this misguided soul spreads the lies of a corrupt system. Pretty much anytime he opens his mouth near a microphone someone needs to be there to counter his presentation. I am beginning a search now and starting to organize a presentation but need guidance. WE gotta fight the fear and the ignorance patiently, one propaganda victim at a time. Considerate of their sensibility and tolerant of questions. Questions are good. Even snarky questions. It means we have their attention

PM me

Mr. Schuette has been a staunch but rather ineffective opponent of Cannabis in any form. He is now in a position to further his agenda if elected as Attorney General (think cox with an attitude and a fresh term) and he is leading in the polls. I think the most effective strategy is to have education tables at any event I and or anyone else can attend where this misguided soul spreads the lies of a corrupt system. Pretty much anytime he opens his mouth near a microphone someone needs to be there to counter his presentation. I am beginning a search now and starting to organize a presentation but need guidance. WE gotta fight the fear and the ignorance patiently, one propaganda victim at a time. Considerate of their sensibility and tolerant of questions. Questions are good. Even snarky questions. It means we have their attention

PM me

There is some good info to use when talking to law enforcement type people at the Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) website here:

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

They have a lot of true facts, as apposed to the false "facts" currently used by most of the LEO in Michigan.

What is Leyton's possition on MMJ? I don't see his name on the NORML candidate list.

http://www.minorml.org/

OK, I found the answer and I sent the info to MINORML to update their map.

An interview by the Petoskey News on August 19

Medical marijuana

Q: Medical marijuana has been a big issue for local governments. How do you see it taking shape in the future and how do you see your role as a potential attorney general impacting that?

Leyton: “It’s the will of the people — 63 percent of people voted for it. It’s my role as leadership to make the law more understandable to law enforcement, so the people know what they can do and cannot do. There’s a lot of gray areas. The attorney general should have filled in those gray areas.

“So, a committee of prosecutors — one of whom is me — has picked up the slack and we are righting the rules to fill in the gaps. I will not spend the next four years trying to repeal that law, as my likely opponent (Sen. Mike Bishop) has said he will.”

Q: But what specific changes are needed in the Medical Marijuana law?

Leyton: “I think you have to know where a dispensary can go. I think you have to know what type of facility you can grow it in. I think you have to know from where you can obtain (medical marijuana) it. I think you have to know where folks can setup community rooms if people want to talk about it and smoke and ensure children aren’t in there and that it is not near schools.

“The bottom line is it is the will of the people. People said: If it helps the people overcome chronic pain from their illness, than what is wrong with it? That is what the people of Michigan enacted.”

http://www.petoskeynews.com/politics/article_06d9bf56-ab9b-11df-8580-001cc4c03286.html

Archived