Outdoor Michigan Beaver Island Style

We were looking around the island and it occurred to the Dutchess that it might be a good place for an outdoor grow given the unique area. I saw a few posts about some preferred strains. We have a few acres with a sunny clearing as does my neighbor and old partner so when things are more "settled" I would like to find the right strains for such an outdoor grow.

I would imagine a greenhouse/indoor start and a TAll but uncovered fence and my butt parked there all summer could qualify as secure.

When the mormons were fleeing west some of them broke off and made a right turn at Toledo and wound up on Beaver Island led by a Manic type named James Strang. He proclaimed himself king and his little kingdom lasted about 4 years until one of the husbands of his many female subjects blew his brains in. They grew hemp as one of their products and I would love to find some of those old fields. Some of the old cabins and other artifacts are left from that era too. They even kicked off some of the early irish immigrants to take over other islands! After King Strang's assassination many of the former islanders and some mainlanders invaded and summarily evicted the remaining mormons rather notoriously too.

Cool place and a good spot for a Hemp Farm or two

http://www.beaverisland.org/

Guest Marywanna

The locals will not like you guys. Have freinds on Drummond and they don't like new-comers and tourists. Can't blame them. Try Harsens Island instead. Lots of marshy areas that you could set pots in and nobody would notice. Plus it's just over by Algonac.

Archived