My Ladies Aren't Ready Yet

So my ladies could really benefit from an extra week outdoors and I was wondering if putting a clear trash bag or something similar over them would help prevent the buds from freezing during the cold nights that are supposed to be coming but also allow enough sunlight to get through during the day so that they can continue growing during that week I'm attempting to give them.

I would just bag it overnight, since it's in an enclosed locked facility, you could even get some of that clear plastic from the local hardware and put it around your entire ELF. Maybe even drag an extension cord out there, plug in a small heater. You could keep it warm enough to grow year round, just would have to add supplemental lights for those short winter days. Although, that would make your grow stick out like a sore thumb at night. lol I am hoping for a few more weeks of above freezing temps! Not looking forward to this winter much...

not plastic, it has to breath. you will probably get mold if you do this.

where i live 47 is the coldest forcasted temp in the next 10 days. i think you'll be safe, even if you're in the UP, i'd give you until October 1st there. what you have to worry about is the cold + wet mornings with little sun on your plant. that is a recipe for disaster. wind helps too, is the air open, is there flow on the plants?

i had 15% mold last year, almost none the year before. butane hash oil is a safe way to extract moldy resins.

if your plant just won't finish and it's not a cold tolerant strain either, use a burlap type wrap and make a frame first so you don't damage the plant.

60 day strain means nothing, that's indoors of 12/12. you need a photosensitive strain(one that begins to flower with more daylight).

there are tons of greenhouses with HID lighting for all kinds of plants in Michigan year round. not an uncommon sight.

The extended forecast says that it will be in the 40's for the next 10 days, not really close to freezing, you should be fine.

I have grown ganjah in the mountains out west and the plants did just fine even right at 32 degrees. I've had plants that were corvered in snow, bending (but not breaking). If it was going to warm up some we would shake the snow off and keep em going. IME the plants seem to create more crystal the colder the temps, I say leave them as long as possible.

As far as harvesting, I always consider the factor of rain...if its close to harvest pull the girls before a heavy rain or let em go and wait until before the next big rain. I didn't like harvesting bud that was wet, mold is an issue then.

Archived