My Card

JC MD

Ok my card for being a crae giver has not arrived my patient had his over 3 weeks ago and it has all my info on it my number adress and everything i have not got mine yet and tnoone in lansing will answer me this is bothering me real bad as my card with my name and adress is floating around maybe in someone elses hand what can i do please someone help asap. thanks

With the backlog of applicants it's amazing anyone gets their cards before the year is up. If after 15 days from when they cashed your check, and you didn't get a denial letter, you've likely been approved. No one will confirm this even if you do call. they're so swamped, they couldn't answer all the calls they'd get from applicants who've been waiting for many months- there isn't enough staff or equipment to handle the piles of apps. I've seen different views on how long to wait till you're sure you're legal, some say 20 or 21 days after the check is cashed and there's no denial letter, to know you are approved and would be considered legal, I've seen one source say to wait 28 days just to be sure before doing anything. Often the mail is very slow, too, I'd hate to think I was legal, get meds, then find a denial letter arrives. Supposedly if you were denied, you'd get a notice within 15 days. So, if after that, with no denial letter you're legal although you don't have a card. LEO doesn't recognize this but as I understand it, you're legal and all you have to do is have a copy of the check, WITH your paperwork, it should be as good as having the card. They cash the check even if you're denied, that's one of Leo's arguments.

I hope someone else chimes in here in case I missed a very important detail, though I've been on this site since april.

Sincerely, Sb

Ok my card for being a crae giver has not arrived my patient had his over 3 weeks ago and it has all my info on it my number adress and everything i have not got mine yet and tnoone in lansing will answer me this is bothering me real bad as my card with my name and adress is floating around maybe in someone elses hand what can i do please someone help asap. thanks

At this point I would contact MDCH and ask. Most caregiver cards come within a week of the patient receiving theirs. I am assuming this is a first card for both of you.

MDCH is currently processing the JUNE apps, that might mean your card won't come for 4 months. Many are waiting at least that long. If you applied in Sept, they won't get to you till around Dec. They're so backlogged, have a very small staff and not enough equipment, though I thought they were supposed to hire more staff and get 3 new high speed printers.

Sb

MDCH is currently processing the JUNE apps, that might mean your card won't come for 4 months. Many are waiting at least that long. If you applied in Sept, they won't get to you till around Dec. They're so backlogged, have a very small staff and not enough equipment, though I thought they were supposed to hire more staff and get 3 new high speed printers.

Sb

Yea they have been saying that for about 5 months now........

Archived