Federally Assisted Housing Denying Mi Mmj Use

I live in Michigan and this program is new to the state. I have been useing MM since it came into effect with no problems for 1 1/2 years. There was a meeting today, with me, and I was told that under Hud's rules I no longer can use MM and am to dispose of everything, seeds and all. It is a Federally funded building which I need for I am totally disabled and in a wheelchair. I was on morphine, fentynal and vicodin and since I started the use of MM was able to get off all of these terrible meds. They are leaveing me no alterative, but to return to these meds or move which I cannot afford because of a low income on SS. I am trying to get by the best I can with a limited lifespan of 3-4 more years. I have addressed this issue to the Commission on Ageing and they are willing to step up to the plate for me and are meeting with Alma Housing Commission today and even stated that we may have to go to a State Rep. They are with me all the way. I really don't know which way to turn or whom to turn to. They are saying that it is a Federal Law and the state cannot override these laws and will not honor my card issued by the state of Michigan. Where do I go from here?

Guest finallyfree09

hang in there man. its things like this that make a person wonder if the word compassion has been stripped out of the american vocabulary.

love thy neighbor man... thats what its supposed to be about. what if god himself showed up at these peoples doors asking for food? not knowing that the person standing before them is god, would they turn him away or would they do like i would and bring him some food? you NEVER know when your being tested by the man upstairs. :)

I live in Michigan and this program is new to the state. I have been useing MM since it came into effect with no problems for 1 1/2 years. There was a meeting today, with me, and I was told that under Hud's rules I no longer can use MM and am to dispose of everything, seeds and all. It is a Federally funded building which I need for I am totally disabled and in a wheelchair. I was on morphine, fentynal and vicodin and since I started the use of MM was able to get off all of these terrible meds. They are leaveing me no alterative, but to return to these meds or move which I cannot afford because of a low income on SS. I am trying to get by the best I can with a limited lifespan of 3-4 more years. I have addressed this issue to the Commission on Ageing and they are willing to step up to the plate for me and are meeting with Alma Housing Commission today and even stated that we may have to go to a State Rep. They are with me all the way. I really don't know which way to turn or whom to turn to. They are saying that it is a Federal Law and the state cannot override these laws and will not honor my card issued by the state of Michigan. Where do I go from here?

aclu just won some thing like this in CAdillac not long ago..contact them..

It is also my understanding on this issue that the federal mandate on this was that Hud funded landlords or management companies Could persue evictions.. It didnt state "Had to" I beleive the feds put this into the hands of the management companies or landlords.. So obviously someone in Alma has the problem and wants to blame it on the feds.. Anyone have that link of the federal statement?

My Patient has the same concerns. Afraid to leave the security of the low income apts. But, also afraid of looking for some fellow Patients to split an old house, and have it not work out. Then, be on a waiting list to get back into the apts. ..... with no place to live.

Archived