Light Movers

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

every light mover i have seen has a 6 foot rail. is it possible to cut the rail down to a shorter length?

my flower room is just under 6 feet so there is no room for a conventional light mover. i only have a 400w hps which covers a 3'x3' area. i am not going to buy a bigger light for multiple reasons which i don't really want to go into cuz i'd be here all day typing. :rolleyes:

i also don't really know how the light mover works besides moving back and forth. does the motor have a limit switch on it or something? proximity switch? if it has limit switches or something similar on it i can't see why it wouldn't be possible to cut the rail down by 8 inches or so.

any thoughts??? :blink:

Simpler is better sometimes

an extra 400 watt ballast (digital) with a mh and hps bulbs and a open reflector cost ya about $120 delivered on ebay

Light movers are high maintenance, problem prone and still only 400 watts being spread thin

That 400 digital will cost you about $35 a month to operate 12/12 and would double your yields

A nice bonus is being able to run both hps and mh in flower

produces better light spectrum

Guest finallyfree09

All I have is a 20 amp circuit for flowering. Have fans and pumps running on same circuit as lite. Plus I don't want to add another 35 bucks to the bill.

Archived