Roots Organics Soil Vs Fox Farm Soil?

TheGoodLife

I have been toying with mixing a "super soil" with roots + added guano, lime ,etc & putting down as a bottom layer in the pot just for that little extra to finish with.

But yes I like the coco in the roots.............Penetration is almost to good to use alone. I'd be watering everyday...........

I have casually tested several soils head-to-head courtesy of Planet Green Trees sponsor Green Thumb Garden center in Ferndale, and I have found Roots Greenfields to be the hands-down winner based on growth rate and plant health.

I have tested Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Roots 707 and Greenfields, Black Gold Moisture Retaining, and Amazon Bloom.

My testing is watering only with dechlorinated water and guano tea, but the coco content and aeration qualities of the Greenfields would be fantastic for top-watering nutrients later in flowering after most of the good stuff is gone. I like the texture better than FFOF, and I like FFOF a lot. I also think it will stand up to recycling better than FFOF because of the coco.

I THINK IM GOING TO DO A SIDE BY SIDE TEST WITH THE FFOF AND THE ROOTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been toying with mixing a "super soil" with roots + added guano, lime ,etc & putting down as a bottom layer in the pot just for that little extra to finish with.

But yes I like the coco in the roots.............Penetration is almost to good to use alone. I'd be watering everyday...........

The Super soil takes 30 days to break down before it can be used, it's best used outdoors and really useful if your doing a 180 day grow not really the short 90 day ones.

The good things about roots is that it's basically a small version of supersoil ready to go.

Archived