Trying To Get My Card

I am interested in getting a marijuana card. I already use marijuana for back pain so i figured i might as well try to make it a little more legal for myself and i also have a lot of trouble finding it. I have not been to a doctor in years nor do i have any medical records within the last 10 years or so. my friend told me about a place downtown ann arbor - mmma? where i could walk in and talk to a doctor and possibly get the application signed without previous medical records? anyone have any more info on this place? any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not likely, I'm sure there are some shady doctors, but none that would admit it...

This is for people that have record of illness... If you have no records, you need to start getting them.. (just bein straight with ya man)

I got my recommendation through my LONG standing chiropractic records.. (25yrs+)

I have no real MD records to speak of, but the recommending doctor easily recognized my long standing chronic pain, boom, certified.. :thumbsu:

Good luck brotha, I know it's hard, but it's all about who you talk to.. I mean if it's outwardly obvious you are in pain, get to work, it may take less than you thought...

Cheers..

Well when you go to a new doctor you usually have to present whatever medical records you have so they can diagnose you properly. Find out who your most recent doctor was, and they will have your medical records for you to pick up, or fax over to your new physician . Request that they fax your records as opposed to mailing them. It will be quicker this way. After your new physician receives your medical records, set up an appointment with them.

A "Debilitating Medical Condition" is the only thing that will qualify you.

Now it sounds like the condition you're describing is Chronic Pain. But thats the thing, in order to be qualified in Michigan, it has to be CHRONIC Pain. That means 9/10 - 10/10 SEVERE PAIN, constantly. If you've never before been diagnosed with Chronic Pain, then your new physician will have to diagnose you. Ask him to X-ray your back. I had a CHUNK floating around in my back.

Finding a Physician, and transferring medical records is seriously about 60% of the work. After that you just fill out your paperwork, send it in, and wait for your card.

I'd find a caregiver before you send it in though, just to make sure you have meds available for you while you wait for your card

What city do you live in?

Thank you for the replies. I actually got my application signed today in ann arbor. I was even able to purchase some at the dispensary with just my signed application and paperwork. Never had anything like this before though. not only does my back not hurt, i actually forgot i had a back for a while. Anybody know of a link or a website that goes over the rules like - how much can i possess? is it legal for my roommate to live in the same house as my plants? how much can i grow? where can i get seeds or clones? ect. I live in the Ann Arbor area by the way.

Thank you for the replies. I actually got my application signed today in ann arbor. I was even able to purchase some at the dispensary with just my signed application and paperwork. Never had anything like this before though. not only does my back not hurt, i actually forgot i had a back for a while. Anybody know of a link or a website that goes over the rules like - how much can i possess? is it legal for my roommate to live in the same house as my plants? how much can i grow? where can i get seeds or clones? ect. I live in the Ann Arbor area by the way.

Poke around on these forums. There are many threads that cover each of the topics. Your best bet would be to go read the state law. It is fairly straightforward.

Archived