Doctor Prescription

RobertStevens

What would the legal ramifications be for a doctor to actually prescribe marijuana? Would they be subject to disciplinary actions on a federal level in addition to the state level? Could they lose the ability to practice medicine? My doctor wrote out an actual prescription on a RX pad. Should I destroy the prescription for my doctor's sake?

My doctor wrote out an actual prescription on a RX pad. Should I destroy the prescription for my doctor's sake?

Umm, that might not be a bad idea. It could spare him a lot of grief if you're ever found in possession of it. I wonder what in the heck he was thinking about! The proper recommendation forms he would need to fill out can be had at the MDCH web site. Here's a link to the forms...Clicky here

Doctors scripts and exposure making it seem common place are exactly what is needed IMO

Some physicians are supportive and why would he even say it was so

if he wasn't certain

My first script April 06 2009 was on a rx note pad as many doc's didnt even have the neccesary paperwork

My doctor of 30 years also told me I was as protected in court as any card carry member the moment he signed the slip

Judging by recent events that rings more true than ever

Is today april 1st, That is the wackiest thing i ever heard, You realy either have no clue or your le trying to see how stupid we are, I would have to think an educated person (dr) read about the law and their protection. they dont write scrpts for mm, they writet a recomendation on a app that either you bring them or they have, and they are not subject to punishment,

you dont have a dr.;s sript for mm, if you do. take it to the dispensary down the rd, or maybe wall mart pharmacy!

rotglmfao

Peace

FTW

Jim

No I have a card and wouldnt trust a dispensary at this point

Not till people stop getting arrested

I did have a slip that said rec tho

maybe Im being to harsh on the thread starter, Beans I guess that was your dr.s way of saying he would go to court for you!

Your a lucky person

Peace

FTW

JIm

I take it to understand that writing a script for a Schedule I drug is illegal under federal law? The Michigan Public Health Code also states its a schedule 1 drug as well. That is why I started the thread. To ascertain whether or not it's legal or not for a doctor to prescribe cannabis under the aforemention laws.

She filled out the necessary forms and "recommended" the use of marijuana as well. I have the card. That is not at issue here. I am talking strictly about doctor liability and/or discipline from state/federal licensing boards or violating the Public Health Code/Controlled Substance Act.

Old hobo, funny story. I did in fact send a photocopy of the RX (with VOID written on it) with the application. I still got the card. In retrospect that wasn't such a good idea for me or for the doctor. Presumably the script would aid in a defense for both federal and state charges for medical marijuana. But I guess I will destroy the Rx for my doctor's sake.

The moral (in a strictly doctor-patient relationship) and unfortunately legal thing to do.

maybe Im being to harsh on the thread starter, Beans I guess that was your dr.s way of saying he would go to court for you!

Your a lucky person

Peace

FTW

JIm

Or maybe she was just ignorant?

What would the legal ramifications be for a doctor to actually prescribe marijuana? Would they be subject to disciplinary actions on a federal level in addition to the state level? Could they lose the ability to practice medicine? My doctor wrote out an actual prescription on a RX pad. Should I destroy the prescription for my doctor's sake?

I would save it, or at least a copy of it if you end up mailing it in as supporting documentation. With legitimate people getting arrested and prosecuted, the more information you have to support you condition and need for MM, the better off you will be with the prosecutor's and judge.

My doctor of 15+ years (a D O) would write all sorts of things on the Rx pad regarding over the counter meds, diet restrictions, etc. I guess he uses it as a note pad for patients as much as it is an actual Rx pad. I guess what I am saying is, just because its on an Rx pad, does not make it a prescription. But I agree with another poster that the Rx is not sufficient to support your request for a card.

Archived