Joint Replacement Surgery

A week from Monday I finally get my new knee. I've waited 15 years for this but I'm terrified. Anyone out there already have total joint replacement? I go in tomorrow for all the lab work. Will I be tested for mj? Does anyone know?

Great news on the new knee, glad your wait is over. I still have 10+ years before they will do either of mine, something about quality of life and only wanting to do the surgeries once... My prayers are with you.

I have spoken to quite a few folks that have had total replacements, and they seem to be very happy and active with the new parts in place. They suggest that the rehab after surgery is crucial, as it helps strengthen those muscles back up, and helps to correct the use of them (muscles); whether we realize it or not we have changed the way we use those muscles to adjust for the pain and "creaking and cracking".

As for what they will test for... Who knows these days. They might do a broad test for illicit drugs, and or prescribed medications. Perhaps others that have undergone the procedure or been in for surgery recently can shed some light on it.

Again, I wish you the best, and please keep us (me) updated.

A week from Monday I finally get my new knee. I've waited 15 years for this but I'm terrified. Anyone out there already have total joint replacement? I go in tomorrow for all the lab work. Will I be tested for mj? Does anyone know?
I Have never heard of a tox screen being done pre op. Smoking post op could be a concern due to possible post op complications but other than that i dont see it being a concern for any surgeon.

My wife had a new knee a couple years ago and it is great and she is very happy with it.Now is time for the other knee which causes her great pain all day everyday she needs to loose weight first :( I am not sure about drug testing I can ask her when she gets home tonight. You will be very happy with your new part LOL

Archived