Help!

Daddy Nothing

Hey I have a small Congo Haze plant going and a few days ago (around Monday) I noticed some small brown spots on the oldest set of leaves. To me it looked like a possible spider mite mark so I sprayed the entire garden with neem oil and a 1:4 ethanol/water solution to sterilize the room and kill any remaining mites.

gallery_17739_392_909557.jpg

gallery_17739_392_2141249.jpg

Over the next day or so I began to see slight yellowing on some of the leaves and, assuming the plant was beginning to develop a deficiency I started it on half strength nutrients, with ph adjusted water. Also, it was about time to start nutrients. A few days later and the plant looks like this:

gallery_17739_392_1746146.jpg

gallery_17739_392_69376.jpg

gallery_17739_392_73980.jpg

gallery_17739_392_1682363.jpg

My initial thought was nutrient burn but since the symptoms started a day before I even started nutrients (the brown spots) and I started the plant on a half dose (and I can say from experience that Congo's loooove their nutes) I'm at a loss. Please help!

It's Glacial Bays potting soil. It's just a mix of organic peat and sand. Real basic. Whatever the problem is it's only affecting this plant, I have a few others a sprouted a week later in the same soil. I'm planning on transplanting them in Fox Farms Ocean Forest when they're ready to move to the 3-gallon pots, but that's a few weeks away :)

Anyway, I'm letting her dry out and I'll try flushing her out in the morning. Nute burn was actually my first instinct, but I thought it couldn't be since I saw the spots before I even added any nutes. But the spots haven't really spread so...guess I should have just gone with my first thought. Anyway, thanks.

Archived