City Ordinance

Hey everyone, i was cruisin through some posts and i had a thought about all these different cities and the restrictions/requirements that they are trying to invoke.

How can patients/caregivers find out the stance the city they are in is taking?

Is there a resource the public has to find out?

Is it as easy as calling city hall and asking?

This post is not to be derailed by an argument about whos law trumps who, this is a serious attempt to discover how we know.

Because when leo comes and decides that his paycheck is on the line and confiscates everything,(there is noone that is going to stand up and stop a police officer from removing your property in real time as it is happening, No police police to call, no recourse except to watch them work, so we will surrender everything we have to them until they decide) and we end up in court, "ignorance of the law is no excuse" might be the quote of the day for prosecutors.

Hey everyone, i was cruisin through some posts and i had a thought about all these different cities and the restrictions/requirements that they are trying to invoke.

How can patients/caregivers find out the stance the city they are in is taking?

Is there a resource the public has to find out?

Is it as easy as calling city hall and asking?

This post is not to be derailed by an argument about whos law trumps who, this is a serious attempt to discover how we know.

Google is your friend.

Try googling your city plus a few keywords.

for auburn hills, try "city of auburn hills" "medical marijuana" and "filetype:pdf" (note: do not use the quotes!)

you want results that come from offical city servers - and .pdf is usually the hardcopy or final document, unlike html or php pages.

http://auburnhills.org/vertical/Sites/%7B33ABD079-3D78-4945-9539-FD5E01E1F1BE%7D/uploads/%7B77ABF32F-7E5C-468B-A255-093CBCC1F791%7D.PDF

and royal oak;

I had to dig through the City council meeting archives as the medical marijuana rulings are memoriams not LAW.

http://www.ci.royal-oak.mi.us/portal/sites/default/files/meetings/City%20Commission/2010/0920-253-10.pdf

There is NO ONE SITE that has this information up to date - it is best to monitor your cities servers for updates - as some meetings on MM were posted only a day from the date! Each activist should be responsible for their city and sharing important city council meetings with others.

-DN

Archived