When And Can I Get Meds From A Caregiver?

trav

not sure if im assuming correctly that you don't understand this, so forgive me - but now that you are a patient doesn't mean you can just get meds from any caregiver, you guys have to be registered with the state in a patient/caregiver relationship.

if you need meds in the mean time, patient to patient medicine transfers are allowed.

not sure if im assuming correctly that you don't understand this, so forgive me - but now that you are a patient doesn't mean you can just get meds from any caregiver, you guys have to be registered with the state in a patient/caregiver relationship.

if you need meds in the mean time, patient to patient medicine transfers are allowed.

Well, not legal advice etc. but I disagree, completely. You can get meds and other transfers patient-to-patient any time it is for legitimate medical use under section 8 and any time you darn well want under section 4 once you have the card as a patient (Shall not means.....wait for it...."shall not.")

Nothing in either provision requires you to be connected through the caregiver registry to acquire medicine as a patient.

The issue is selling to another patient (the seller is on the hook not the buyer). Unless connected as the registered caregiver-patient through the registry system you have to rely on Section 8 and demonstrate the sale was for medical use etc. (I advise you to read it for yourself Judge O'Connell notwithstanding). The interpretation here is a bit dicey. But this is a much different situation than the prior assessment: "now that you are a patient doesn't mean you can just get meds from any caregiver, you guys have to be registered with the state in a patient/caregiver relationship."

Most likely the situation is much closer to an open and legal system of Statewide dispensaries than this characterization.

20 Days after MDCH cashes your check, is when you can legally Possess Meds. Possessing copies of your paperwork, and a stamped Return Receipt is enough to cover you legally until you get your card.

If you mailed in your Paperwork with a Caregiver Attestation, you could legally acquire Meds from your CG on the 21st day after MDCH Cashes your check.

thanks for the info.i paid the mdch via money order through my bank,so i guess i need to see when the money order was cashed? Then 21 days later im legal carrying meds and just need to have my paperwork and stamped return post? correct? Or is it 21 days after i get the stamped post return? Do they only count business days? As for my paper work i did not designate a caregiver,i chose to grow myself,but it is goin to take awhile to get that going,so thats why i was wondering about the whole caregiver thing. If i can get my meds through another patient until i get my growth going,that would b nice.id just have to do some searching for one in my area.Would i have to pay for them or "legally" can they not charge me for it? im just trying to get this stuff figured out so i go about it the correct way.Trav

No one is required to register with the State. You are legal MMJ patient as soon as you receive your doctor’s opinion. From the moment you receive this form, you are covered under section 8. At this point, you may acquire medication from anyone.

If you registered with a caregiver, the MDCH will recognize you and your caregiver 20 days after receive of your paperwork (not when they cashed the check). This is why you mail your paperwork with a return notice. You are now covered under Section 4. Registered caregivers can only distribute to those patients to whom they hold cards. Transfers between caregiver and patients are not considered a sell, as in illegal sell and manufacturing.

There is nothing in the law or the rules that speak of donations. A donation is something one can, but is not obligated to give. What we are talking here is buying & selling. If you do not know another patient, you will find nothing but patients at a dispensary. What you pay for what you buy is a price agreed upon by the two of you. If you do not like the prices offered, move on to the next place.

alright so since i didnt register a primary caregiver in paperwork,i cant get meds from a caregiver until i register with one and get my official card correct? but i can get meds from any other patient at any time? if so i guess i need to find another patient in my area willing to help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived