Certified Or Registered Mail For Mmj Application?

puffaway

My friend just sent in her application today after getting it signed by the doc etc. I told her to send it registered mail, but when she went to the post office they told her it only needed to be sent by certified mail. They told her only jewelry and a few other things go registered mail because someone has to sign for it at the receiving end. I explained the issue to her regarding whether or not she will be considered "legal" with her paperwork after 21 days and until her card comes in the mail.

Does anyone know for a fact if this will be a problem? Thanks....

I agree w/ the above post, I'd go by the date the check is cashed. I personally made several envelopes each with a copy of the following: My application, doctor's certification, registered (or certified, I can't remember which) mail receipt, copy of cashed check and even a printed excerpt from the law with the section regarding paperwork in lieu of a card highlighted...I had one of these envelopes in our home, cars, rv's, boats, etc...I pretty much had an envelope readily available to me an all times.

With that said, I also went with the "lesser" of the two mail options (cert vs. reg). When I asked at the Post Office, they said the only difference is that registered (if I recall correctly) requires a signature on the receiving end and they mail you a receipt. Both options are trackable on the USPS website.

Archived