Question On Room To Grow, Considered Locked And Secure?

jhaz

i had to redesign my room as it wasn't big enough for what I needed... let me run this by you guys and let me have your opinion please

my room is 14 ft long by 10ft wide

i was going to panda film the walls and ceiling from the wall out 7 ft (7x10) then straight across and hang panda film from the ceiling to the floor... basically the enclosure is just panda film separating the grow room from my bedroom.

Now me and my wife both have a medical card, but I am her caregiver. The door to the bedroom i was going to put a key lock on the door knob so only I have access during day time.

Would us sleeping in this room at night be a issue? I only have a 2 bedroom home and I have a child that has the 2nd bedroom. no garage no basement. This is the only room I can use.

If there was ever any kind of incident would that room be acceptable ? With us both in there?

And yes I know this sounds like a terrible setup but im working with what I have. Thanks in advance

I could see where this would be a real hassle IF you wanted to obey the letter of the law. It has to be locked all the time basically.

One scenario, possibly:

So you go to bed early, your wife is watching TV and you have to lock her out. She has to knock on the door at midnight, you have to get up to let her in...get my drift?

Would not be surprised if when all this "regulation" stuff gets worked out, that it will be illegal to have a grow room inside a sleeping quarters. Fire hazard.

"or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient."

The locks or other security device only need be equipped, you and your wife being present would (as a couple of courts have already ruled) be considered another security device, as neither of you will allow access to the grow room.

It would be prudent to remember to lock the door whenever you aren't in there, but as long as you are home it isn't technically necessary.

hmm so it seems it may just be ok ? trying to stick exactly to the law..was going to box in half the room with a wood frame but im moving right after the harvest is done so it seems to be overkill really. when i get into my next home i plan to go all out and will have a dedicated room for it

Archived