Is My Logic Correct?

totung

I have been reading many different thread and a couple different forums (including this one off course) on the different types of soil people use along with the different nute regiments that people choose. I have been trying to wrap my brain around all of it and I think I have come up with a plan.

I would just like some feedback on my logic.

I will start water. From what I have read, I can use tap water as long as I let it sit for 24 hours. I also read that adding an air pump and a couple air stones to the container that the water is in will help evaporate the chlorine in the water. This is what I plan on doing. However, I don't know what type or size container I should be getting to store my water.

Next is soil. I have read some people use straight Fox Farm Ocean Forest for their soil. I have read some people that use 30 different items and mix them all together to get their soil mix. I want to keep it as simple as possible so I am asking for some help with this part. Any suggestions/recommendations on a very simple soil to use?

Now, onto the nutrients. My choice for this is Fox Farm. I am going to use their feeding schedule as well.

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-soil-bw.pdf

I will be using Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.

Now for the questions about the schedule liked above. At the start of week one when I transplant the clones from the cloning tray into the bucket they will be in for veg, do I start feeding them right away with the first feeding? Do I wait and only water with pH balanced water for the first couple days?

Then once I start giving them nutrients, I will begin giving nutrients every other watering as stated on the sheet.

The schedule says to flush in between veg and flower, then again after the 7th and 10th week. I thought you flush at the last week or two of flower? Should I follow what the schedule says?

The only other thing I am not sure of is the preparation of the nutes. How big of a batch do you make? Is it all based on how much you plans take per feeding? Kinda just play it by ear at first then you will eventually figure out how much you need to make per feeding...?

I think that is all with the questions. I just want to make sure I understand the process before I get into it and not have a single clue what to do when the clones are ready to go into veg.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!

Seems like a fairly comprehensive plan, but it does have a flaw. The Fox Farm Oceanic Forest soil is a bit hot to be putting babies into. What I have done in the past is use a lighter, starter soil (available at any green house supplier, Meijers or Lowes for example) for when the plants have shown root and are ready for the first transplant. Then use a very mild feeding solution (like 1/4 strength) for the first 10 days or so, til the root system is about filling the smaller pots. When I put them into the second transplant they go into the Oceanic Forest, and I don't feed at all for the first four weeks. The Oceanic, as I stated above, is pre-nuted with plenty of bat guano's and worm castings already in the dirt. Enough to last several weeks with no further addition of nutes. Occasionally you'll find a strain that uses the nutes more readily, and those plants will show some yellowing earlier than others. Those that do start yellowing in the leaves earlier need to have nutes added to the water. Hope you find this info useful, best of luck in your endeavor...Peace...j.b.

Thanks for the feedback!

That makes total sense.

After you transplant into Ocean Forest for the first time, they are in veg still right?

What about when you go into flower? Do you keep them in Ocean Forest or transplant again into something different?

Do you flush before you put them into flower like the schedule shows? The only time I thought you flush is the last 1 to 2 weeks in flower.

What type of water reservoir should be used? I am thinking a garbage can will work with a couple air stone bubbling the water to evaporate the chlorine from it. Does this work?

Archived