Patients Scamming Caregivers, Beware Of Free Meds

lwheidt

i agree with caregivers turning in the paperwork themselves but i know, having been a patient in the past and soon to be a patient in the future, i have been burned hard by some caregivers (due to my own ignorance and their lack of integrity) and have a problem trusting people. i tend to make sure i get to know them before even ever starting the paperwork and when its time to actually do the paperwork, we meet somewhere, fill out the paperwork together, throw it in an envelope, stamp, and throw it in the mail so we both know it got squared away. the best defense against getting screwed is a contract and getting to know eachother. even a hand-written contract works. its unfortunate that there are so many people out there that are just looking to get high and dont care that they screw people who actually benefit from marijuana out of their medicine.

and my buddy acts like I'm not on top of my stuff because i say "i think i have 5 patients" because i know any one of them could assign a new cg and I'll never know! i trust them but i still feel like i'm not in control and i hate that feeling.

i always offer to pay to change caregivers so i can control the submission and confirm the check is cashed. the $10 is totally worth it! that $10 also means i dont have to give someone paperwork with my ssn on it as i can scratch it out on their copy.

Or people who throw stones in glass houses. Unless you know this to be true you're a hippocrite too. People openly try to push their opinion on a issue and that is counter productive to our movement, LEO and state reps LOOK for all reasons and IDIOTS to try to convince the majority this law is BAD. Please EDUCATE YOURSELVES!!! Only WE will benefit :thumbsu:

Perhaps you should change the title of this forum topic to:

Caregivers Scamming Patients - Beware of their free meds offer...

Mizerman

• 2 weeks later...

I handle ALL paper work. End of story.

Just to make people aware, be careful who you are trusting your paperwork to as well. I left it up to my first caregiver to send in my paperwork because they gave me a "signing bonus" and paid the state's fee and basically made me feel like I could trust them. Six weeks later they finally sent my stuff to the state, with a check that I wrote. I should have sent it myself to begin with. You live, you learn.

That's how we do it as well and I always give out freebies. I'd like to get to the point where we can give out free meds every month and we recover compensation through overages to dispensanries or collectives. I make that goal known up front, and so far I have had nothing but full support.

We have been getting calls from patients referred from other patients, so there is some familiarity there already, which helps immensely. Can't beat word of mouth advertising. Guess we're doing something right!

Yes, they have to notify the old CG within 20 days, IIRC.

you need to go back and read the change c.g forms and states rules, you as a pt are supposed to let your c.g know you are quiting them, the state does not send c.g anything!

Peace

FTW

Jim

cant the mdch be considerd for public safty why dont they have accsess to the L.I.E.N this should be a public record kida deal not just for LEO all it does is tell if the card is valid or invalid no ADDRESS# no personal info just the card number and valid or invalid this is all LIEN tells LEO when they type in the # so why cant there be 1800 number at the MDCH to connect u to LIEN to validate some ones card

(I know this is asking alot from the people that cant even get the cards out in less than 3+ mo)

if u got big brass ones i guess u could always call ure local leo and ask them to type in this number to check for u

but not something id do, dont know abought u but i dont trust LEO

Archived