Patients Scamming Caregivers, Beware Of Free Meds

lwheidt

I would like to explain a couple of basic scams being commited by patients on this site and throughout Michigan so other caregivers won't get in trouble or will at lease not be blindsided when it happens.

There is a basic scam being committed by a bunch by patients.

Basicly patients are caregiver shopping and signing up multiple caregivers. Patients are finding mutliple caregivers and signing them up without actually sending in the paperwork. These scammer patients are giving the caregiver just the paperwork back without any copy of a cashed check or return reciept from state and they never send in the paperwork. Then the patient just goes to the next caregiver and repeats this process.

The other most common scam is to keep signing up new caregivers and actually send in the paperwork. Then the scammer patient just keeps finding and signing up more caregivers while the old caregivers wait for card that never comes.

So, what can we do to fix this problem with scammers?

If the state issued patient and caregiver numbers within 20 days and had a system where people could call a number and enter their patient or caregiver number and find out if they are legal or not we wouldn't have this problem.

But since we don't have this yet, be vary wary of people who want something for nothing. These scams work best on caregivers who offer free meds. If you offer free meds as a caregiver, don't offer them until you have the offical card. Demand a fair price until you have the card.

Form a relationship based on honesty and only deal with the best patients you can find.

And, Always get the return reciept and a copy of the cashed check.

In no way do i think all cg are bad just as i never would think all pts are bad....I happen to be both. pts need to do a lil better shopping b4 they commit to a shady cg....at the same time folks need to realize its just as likey people will scam in the opposite manner.Thankfully my wife's my cg so im safe on that end. As for pt...i screen them very well, i turn down pts.... all my patients know up front.... I give way too good a deal for them to be using me to sell it to get rich. If thats the case they are gone, i can find another pt and they can go pay 250 plus for the ozs i gave em for 200 and under.... I have yet to get 200 for an o but i dream lol jk. :rock:

thats why I handle ALL the paperwork. If I don"t send it, I'm not intrested

Right On

FWIW it is best to network with the CGs in your area. a slimy user will only get so far fore the gig is up. besides it dont sound like a healthy strategy.

a foo a foo be he cg or pt.

stay legal, stay alert keep yer wits about you. you'll be fine

So, what can we do to fix this problem with scammers?

If the state issued patient and caregiver numbers within 20 days and had a system where people could call a number and enter their patient or caregiver number and find out if they are legal or not we wouldn't have this problem.

But since we don't have this yet, be vary wary of people who want something for nothing. These scams work best on caregivers who offer free meds. If you offer free meds as a caregiver, don't offer them until you have the offical card. Demand a fair price until you have the card.

Form a relationship based on honesty and only deal with the best patients you can find.

And, Always get the return reciept and a copy of the cashed check.

There is suddenly this desire to have a number to call, i don't think im truly in favor of this. We should do our homework , on patiets or caregivers, send in the paperwork yourself.

I'm not sure this will do you any good. Even if you did send in the paperwork, if the patient then signs another caregiver without telling you, and sends in the paperwork, legally you can no longer posess the twelve plants. It only costs ten dollars, and ten dollars for a free oz every month is nothing.

Does the state send you something when you are dropped by a patient?

Ok I am lost..What does the patient stand to gain from this? I mean if I found out a patient was doing this like signing up other cg's and it has been like three months I would just sell the plants on them and make my money in time and nutes back that way..They would get no meds from me..I mean if they have legal paperwork already when you meet them and or a card then you can supply them anyways. How are they committing a scam..Maybe I logged on to early in the morning to get this lol..

I'm not sure this will do you any good. Even if you did send in the paperwork, if the patient then signs another caregiver without telling you, and sends in the paperwork, legally you can no longer posess the twelve plants. It only costs ten dollars, and ten dollars for a free oz every month is nothing.

AAAAAAAAAhhh OK I get it they do it each month or so to get free harvested weed from you then the next month drop you when they need more and sign another cg..WOWZERS that is sad..Can't even trust patients anymore..The crappy thing is that you would go to jail if you didn't catch this in time and the cops showed up lol...

Ok I am lost..What does the patient stand to gain from this? I mean if I found out a patient was doing this like signing up other cg's and it has been like three months I would just sell the plants on them and make my money in time and nutes back that way..They would get no meds from me..I mean if they have legal paperwork already when you meet them and or a card then you can supply them anyways. How are they committing a scam..Maybe I logged on to early in the morning to get this lol..

ok legal!

I a pt signs a c.g that has more intentions than just taking care of patients? If they are offering a free oz a month, Me personaly, I would want 6 zips up front, if in 6 more months the cg still has top shelf meds, give me 6 more zips up front, and I want option to get more each month with and understanding in price,,,but lets just say i need a zip a month, and some one out there just want to get legal to grow,,,well than sorry that c.g needs to give me 6 months worth up front,,and in 6 months ieither drop c.g and go with another who gives me 6 up front or let the original to give me 6 more up front, when they dont come thru I drop them and find another!

Now i wouldnt do this, but im sure peeps are doing it on both sides, there are bad pt's and bad c.g's, same as there are goood pt and good c.g's, I just talking hypethetical because of all the pt. c.g bickering on here!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I was under ground and a legal c.g, I would give the 6 up front for 6 monts of rights to posses, hell id give em 12 for a yr,,but i would only give them 2.5 at a time till they got it all, even if it took all day lol! :sword:

ok legal!

I a pt signs a c.g that has more intentions than just taking care of patients? If they are offering a free oz a month, Me personaly, I would want 6 zips up front, if in 6 more months the cg still has top shelf meds, give me 6 more zips up front, and I want option to get more each month with and understanding in price,,,but lets just say i need a zip a month, and some one out there just want to get legal to grow,,,well than sorry that c.g needs to give me 6 months worth up front,,and in 6 months ieither drop c.g and go with another who gives me 6 up front or let the original to give me 6 more up front, when they dont come thru I drop them and find another!

Now i wouldnt do this, but im sure peeps are doing it on both sides, there are bad pt's and bad c.g's, same as there are goood pt and good c.g's, I just talking hypethetical because of all the pt. c.g bickering on here!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I was under ground and a legal c.g, I would give the 6 up front for 6 monts of rights to posses, hell id give em 12 for a yr,,but i would only give them 2.5 at a time till they got it all, even if it took all day lol! :sword:

well that there resembles a contract

ifso back to

a foo a foo be he cg or pt

the numbers add up just hard to see sometime

we gotta Good Law

feel kinda good nowadays helpin others legal wit out gettin thrashed and trashed

Peace

well that there resembles a contract

ifso back to

a foo a foo be he cg or pt

the numbers add up just hard to see sometime

we gotta Good Law

feel kinda good nowadays helpin others legal wit out gettin thrashed and trashed

Peace

I think you hit on a word right there. Contract. How about you CGs have the pt sign a contract stating that if they choose to find another CG they must inform you in a timely manner? It may help avoid problems...

I think you hit on a word right there. Contract. How about you CGs have the pt sign a contract stating that if they choose to find another CG they must inform you in a timely manner? It may help avoid problems...

i like the C's contract, commitment, countability...we ready for that?

this a most private contract tween cg and pt

we gotta do our part both ends

together we win

i like the C's contract, commitment, countability...we ready for that?

this a most private contract tween cg and pt

we gotta do our part both ends

together we win

Absolutely I agree that it is a private matter, and I don't suggest publicizing the contract unless your pt ends up burning you so that you get into legal trouble. At least you could go after the bum in civil court for your legal costs. I know that as a patient I wouldn't have a problem signing a contract, at the very least it re-inforces the idea that as a patient you have certain duties to your CG...

Absolutely I agree that it is a private matter, and I don't suggest publicizing the contract unless your pt ends up burning you so that you get into legal trouble. At least you could go after the bum in civil court for your legal costs. I know that as a patient I wouldn't have a problem signing a contract, at the very least it re-inforces the idea that as a patient you have certain duties to your CG...

Right On

cgs and pts we can do it

Morning all,

The patient/caregiver relationship is a pretty intimate thing, and should first and foremost be built on trust. This is not a relationship to enter into lightly, and should be seen as a potential longterm relationship. At a minimum, one is signing on for a 12 month commitment. Not getting to know the other person, is foolish and dangerous.

In the current climate, a patient trusts their caregiver to deliver clean, high quality meds, safely and reliably, so that they can have a decent quality of life. A caregiver trusts that their patient is open and honest about their needs, so that the caregiver can provide what is needed in a reliable way, without having to worry about a change form being filled out and leaving the caregiver in potential jeopardy.

The easiest way to solve these issues is to get to know the other party, up front, prior to filling out any paperwork. Get to know them as a person, possibly as a friend. Discuss any and all concerns, needs, costs, up front. Remember, that there is nothing in the law that prevents an established caregiver from helping a registered patient, prior to signing on as their caregiver. That month or so of taking care of a new patient prior to signing on with them, will also give you an idea of their usage and what strains work best for them.

If after getting to know each other, a contract is still wanted, by all means go for it. Take care of each other and the contract will never be needed after it is signed.

I wish you all well.

There is suddenly this desire to have a number to call, i don't think im truly in favor of this. We should do our homework , on patiets or caregivers, send in the paperwork yourself.

Calling does NO GOOD what so ever. No matter how nice or professional ALL calls to MDCH are ignored and deleted at the end of the day. They never even listen to them. This is the info I got from some one in the lobby who was stamping paper work.

The Director of the MDCH is doing all in her petty tyrants power to stall the process so her friends in the medical industry can continue to reap their ill gotten gains for as long as possible.

CANNABIS CURES

and you can grow it your self

not much room for a parasite to profit is there?

We're not really talking about "patients" here. We're talking about drug abusers. If they were patients, they could follow the usual process we all follow.

A drug addict is sitting around thinking about how to score some free or cheap weed and see's an opportunity in the new law. At least he's 'thinking".

Some caregivers are so greedy for new cash, they will throw free ounces at anyone who approaches them. They will learn their lesson from being cheated.

It really only takes a little bit of common sense to avoid being a victim of a drug addict in this situation.

I handle ALL paper work. End of story.

That's how we do it as well and I always give out freebies. I'd like to get to the point where we can give out free meds every month and we recover compensation through overages to dispensanries or collectives. I make that goal known up front, and so far I have had nothing but full support.

We have been getting calls from patients referred from other patients, so there is some familiarity there already, which helps immensely. Can't beat word of mouth advertising. Guess we're doing something right!

Yes, they have to notify the old CG within 20 days, IIRC.

I really think a 1800 number that anyone could call to see if a patient or caregiver number is currently enrolled in the system would be huge step forward. I would want the 1800 to be automated so that all you do is enter a number and the voice will say "xyz" is currently a legal patient or caregiver. I really can't see any downside to this at all. If your landlord wants to know if you are legal, give em the number and have em call the number. The police can already do this, so why can't we citizens.

If the system issused numbers within 20 days and we could call and know if we are legal, it would solve a lot of problems.

But, if you would have to call the current number it wouldn't work.

So, I know this isn't a common thing being done, but it is worth considering. I totally agree that it is really important to form an actual relationship with your patient and not just sign up anybody.

I really think a 1800 number that anyone could call to see if a patient or caregiver number is currently enrolled in the system would be huge step forward. I would want the 1800 to be automated so that all you do is enter a number and the voice will say "xyz" is currently a legal patient or caregiver. I really can't see any downside to this at all. If your landlord wants to know if you are legal, give em the number and have em call the number. The police can already do this, so why can't we citizens.

If the system issused numbers within 20 days and we could call and know if we are legal, it would solve a lot of problems.

But, if you would have to call the current number it wouldn't work.

So, I know this isn't a common thing being done, but it is worth considering. I totally agree that it is really important to form an actual relationship with your patient and not just sign up anybody.

Right On

what is the hold up with the cards? why not get the ID at the Sec o State?

why wouldnt you want to check the box with your name?

why not a 800 number?

Archived