Just A Question About Ibd

Hey all, how is it going? Just a quick question I've been wondering...

Why is Crohn's Disease listed in the medical conditions, but not Ulcerative Colitis? They're almost the same thing and both can by treated by medical marijuana.

I can't tell you why Crohns is the only one listed. I don't believe anyone here could tell us why one is listed and not the other. I am sure if the Ulcerative Colitis is extensive enough and causing chronic pain and someone is visiting a doctor regularly for it, they would probably get their recommendation. (qualifying under chronic pain, with enough proof for such)

Just to clarify

While some of the symptoms are similar, they are NOT "almost the same". UC ONLY attacks the colon. Crohns can attack all the way from the mouth to the anus. CD involves the whole thickness of the bowel wall, UC ONLY involves the inner lining. Ulcerative Colitis is often cured by surgery, Crohn's disease generally doesn't respond to surgery.

No apologies neccessary :)) I didn't assume you were misleading anyone, just perhaps that you were unaware of the differences. I can imagine someone with UC believing it is much like Crohns, as all too often the similarities are displayed. BUT there are several differences and those play a huge part in the extent of CD. All IBD's are painful, no matter which one suffers from or the extent!! To be honest, I think it helps way more for sustaining nutrition and stimulating appetite than it does for pain in my case. (not that overall it dosen't help with my pain, I am finding certain strands do that also) I believe it soothes the inflammation, keeps the nausea at bay, and gives you a window of oppurtuniy to eat and possibly keep it down. Good luck to you!!

Thanks for the info. I think I'd rather just treat my UC than go through surgery. I hate surgery and if there's a way around it, I'll take it lol (unless surgery is absolutely needed). What strains seem to work the best with inflammation?

I suffer from UC, chronic back pain, and depression. So once I get my card, I was thinking about getting an Indica/Sativa mix (maybe 75/25 or 50/50). Indica properties for the UC and back pain, and the Sativa properties for depression. Or maybe I'd be better off at getting 1 Sativa (for day time) and 1 Indica (for night time)?

Archived