Friendly Fire

•fire that injures or kills an ally

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•Friendly fire is inadvertent firing towards one's own or otherwise friendly forces while attempting to engage enemy forces, particularly where this results in injury or death. A death resulting from a negligent discharge is not considered friendly fire. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fire

I don't know why they call it 'friendly fire' as its not so friendly getting shot period.

This means that warriors always have to be aware of where their weapons are pointed, toward enemy lines, and not at a friendly. Weapons can be bullets and bombs, but also words.

You also avoid friendly fire by clearly designating free fire zones, people should be clear on who side they are on, and how far they want to push it. Sometimes it's a territory, sometimes its organization, or groups of people.

As long as your territory or position is marked, this will help unneedful firepower wasted upon your position.

Unless of course, its not friendly fire! That's combat. :lol:

-DN

Thank you for helping some of us individual human beings here to back up and get a fresh perspective about what is important. Individual human beings helping other individual human beings is something for us all to try to do today. We don't need to argue with our friends or attack them.

Many individuals here are very good at making their points without personal attacks, and some other individual humans could try to be a little nicer.

I will try to think before I comment in anger. I will always try to see how I could better help individual human beings wherever I find them. I will do what I can to control what I can control, which is just my individual human being self. I will try to influence others to recognize, respect, honor, and revere the individual human rights of each human being without infringing on their individual rights while doing so. And, when I can, I will try to be a friend to someone if I can before I am done here...

alwaysyourfriend.jpg

There is an old saying "The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire, is incoming friendly fire."

Anyways, another issue surrounding "friendly fire" is that folks see an attack on their idea or message as a personal attack on the poster. There is a huge difference in the 2. While ideas, concepts, and messages may be very personal, they are far different than the person presenting them, and separating the 2 is vitally important.

Many of us forget to take aim at the message, and inadvertently graze the messenger. The same holds true for when it is our message that is being attacked, we feel as if we have been hit by the bullets and need to fight back in kind. Regardless of how heated at debate gets we must remember that we are all in this together, and while we may have different beliefs or ideas on how a particular issue should be resolved, in the end whichever solution prevails we will still be in this together.

In the trenches, it doesn't matter if we are of the same race, religion, sex, age, or political ideology, we are all fighting a common enemy, sometimes even in spite of our differences.

I think we should all take that extra second to verify what our cross-hairs are centered on before we pull the trigger.

nice quote mate, I remember that one.

And this applies:

"If you tell someone the truth, you better make them laugh - or they will kill you"

More to your message of 'don't kill the messenger' - the message sometimes hurts, and sometimes scary. After all, what we are doing in the 'new' MMMP is taking much risk to get it done. We should avoid placing our reaction to the message on the messenger, so true.

PsychOps -

Information warfare is a valid tactic, misinformation, FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Despair), smear campaigns - are all very common place this media. The best solution - get to know each other, and dismiss FUD and infowarfare as it targets you. Your word can be your bond.

-DN

Archived