Stem Split?

Red Hair Skunk

bubblegrower thank you for your replay

Sorry I have no way of taking pic. If thats what you ask? All I can tell is that this just started. These are two week old plants that were started from soom very old bag seeds. I've never read or head anything like this. I have no idea what's up.

I looked on your cultivation questions link and did not find anything that appeared to match what I have going on. I wish I were able to get pic for you but I'm not. All I can tell you is that the outer layer of the stem turns white and then within 6 to 8 hours begins to split from point of contact with the soil and goes up, splitting open the stem just as if you were to take a razor and cut it open and spread it apart.

So far from what I've learned knowone seems to know what would cause this too happen other than an acccident (not the case here). Anyway, I've been online and the ones I have found that were similar all pretty much say the same thing. Don't know what causes it and just leave it alone and it may heal itself. My worry is disease or fungi infections getting into the open area.

My other thought is maybe it's genetics. Something that is inherent to certain strains. I'm more concerned with the cause than I'am with the situation.

MichiganMan

The plants are not very big at this point (so that could be a problem) but that was one of the soluations given at some of the sites I visited.

Archived