Dispensary/commercial Grow Licensing

Wayne'sWorld

The biggest complaint I hear on dispensaries is price. (from mmj pts.) I am sure adding a licensing fee would only add to the "operating costs", thus adding to the "price". Personally, I see valid points on all sides and am not either "for nor against" dispensaries. I have never visited one, but intend to in the future, although NOT for mmj. (I really want/need to try medibles and/or oils/tinctures and have yet to find them)

With all that said, the thing that "irks" me the most about dispensaries is not the price, if people are able to pay the prices and need the service, thus far that is their right to choose. I dislike speaking to non-mmj users that helped vote this iniative in, who now claim to have "made a mistake". Being the inquiring mind that I am, I always ask why, "armed" with facts to help educate them. Dispensaries are one of the biggest answers I receive!! They don't want it in "their community". When in speaking in depth with some of these people, they believed they were voting on something entirely different. Sadly enough, I encouraged and educated several of these people previous to the vote and know I played a part of them voting the way they did. Although in retrospect, I suppose that I was not even 100% aware of what I was "educating" people on in respect to the "gray areas". I feel almost like I duped these people. I am now aware that the iniative was written very vague to "allow" loopholes. Would many of these voters have voted the way they did if they knew this......not the ones I speak with.

Don't get me wrong, dispensaries are not the only response I have received. I have received a few others that almost rank as high as dispensaries. Things that I didn't even take into account myself. I suppose it saddens me to see that I helped influenced votes that people feel differently about now. I almost feel like a "politician". (Yet I didn't outright lie nor mean to "mislead") It worries/irritates me, seeing many of the non-mmj users that voted for our iniative, say they "would not do it again", due to dispensaries and other parts of the iniative that weren't written clearly.

There are no gray areas other than those imagined by the opposition and those created by a minority in this community. Does the law address dispensaries? Can't find the word dispensary anywhere in the law. Does the law address sex for cannabis bartering with the poor and needy? Can't find a word about sex anywhere in the law. Both must therefore be legal. All in how SOME people look at it. Public opinion be damned!!!

Not aware of anything against roadside signs saying $50.00 a gram either LOL

Or better yet

across the street from the dispensary in your yard with a" All buds $10.00 a gram "

Hmmmm nope dont see that

Must be legal

There are no gray areas other than those imagined by the opposition and those created by a minority in this community. Does the law address dispensaries? Can't find the word dispensary anywhere in the law. Does the law address sex for cannabis bartering with the poor and needy? Can't find a word about sex anywhere in the law. Both must therefore be legal. All in how SOME people look at it. Public opinion be damned!!!

The publics opinion may not be of importance to you....BUT it was obviously an importance back in 2008, when we needed those votes!! I am sure it will be again in the future!

There is no word dispensary written into any law here in Michigan. I am not an imbecile, I have knowledge of the way our law is interpeted and reinterpeted, at least as well as any of us in the mmj community can. I can see where this conversation could easily go and that was not my intention! Your comparison to sex for mmj is not even comparable, just offensive. Good luck trying to find support for dispensaries by insulting the general public, what some may forget is not all of our mmj community is compiled of mmj users. Many influential people within the mmj community are simpally advocates b/c they have seen the benefits and want help for those suffering! I will end my opinion on this conversation right there.

Better yet! What's to stop a Michigan resident from opening a facility providing cannabis to medical users supplied by outside sources like the cartels? Wouldn't that enable shipping, storage, and distribution for multi-metric ton loads with regularity. Granted interstate shipping has it's risks but the cartels are already dealing with that as we speak. Their problem, not the distributors who are protected by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act. Am I not as a patient/caregiver protected from prosecution regardless of my source? Now there's some PR.

Archived