Do You Spray Your Plants With Tobacco Tea?

tricloud

I just wanted to post this warning to all growers who use tobacco products as a natural method for pest control.

Don't Do It!

Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) can be transferred from infected tobacco products. TMV is NO joke, in fact it's extremely devastating. There isn't anything you can do to an infected plant but pitch it, once it has the virus it's a lifer. It spreads rapidly in the grow room and once the grow area has been infected the entire grow area is pretty much a write off. Bleach won't even kill the virus off.

A friend has to move his entire grow to another building due to TMV.

TMV can also be transferred through smoke. It can get on your body and clothes and be transferred that way also.

TMV can also be transferred from infected tomato plants and a bunch of other plants as well.

Be careful out there.

That is funny you brought this up! I was just reading about this somewhere!?!

I especially thought the part about smoking in your room, or smoke on your clothing can still transport the virus to be interesting!

(referring to cigarette smoke of coarse)

I just talked to my spouse about this.

Definitely be careful!

I do wonder about Odo ban being able to kill the virus though.

Odo ban is a product that kills 99.99% of all viruses, bacteria, fungi etc. More than bleach can kill.

I wonder if your friend tried to clean the room with a product like that if it would kill the virus.

I bet it would work.

I do wonder about Odo ban being able to kill the virus though.

Odo ban is a product that kills 99.99% of all viruses, bacteria, fungi etc. More than bleach can kill.

I wonder if your friend tried to clean the room with a product like that if it would kill the virus.

I bet it would work.

Thanks irishgreen.

Just did some researching about Odo Ban. You might be on to something there, that stuff is even supposed to kill the HIV virus. I couldn't find anything that said it worked in TMV but it would be worth a try.........

Maybe some search savvy people will find out more than I did.

Thanks irishgreen.

Just did some researching about Odo Ban. You might be on to something there, that stuff is even supposed to kill the HIV virus. I couldn't find anything that said it worked in TMV but it would be worth a try.........

Maybe some search savvy people will find out more than I did.

I thought the same thing.

It doesn't say what the .01 thing it won't kill is.

I looked for the TMV too, saw nothing.

They sell it at Sam's club, Home depot, etc. Look in the cleaning section. Near like the industrial cleaning stuff.

It also is a great carpet cleaning solution, and will get the smell out of ANYWHERE. You can clean almost everything with it.

I thought the same thing.

It doesn't say what the .01 thing it won't kill is.

I looked for the TMV too, saw nothing.

They sell it at Sam's club, Home depot, etc. Look in the cleaning section. Near like the industrial cleaning stuff.

It also is a great carpet cleaning solution, and will get the smell out of ANYWHERE. You can clean almost everything with it.

Come to find out one of my friends who had TMV did use this Odo Ban and is growing in that area. He said it seems to have worked so far....

Archived