New Care Giver Needs Lots Of Advice

someonelse812

I'm thinking of becoming a caregiver. I have two friends with chronic back pain who are sick of eating painkillers everyday. The first problem is finding a Dr. Every Dr my friends go to refuse to sign off on a natural remedy and instead just give scripts for pills, which my friends hate taking.

Once they have a doctor's approval we will fill out the forms and everything and I will start growing for them. I'm wondering though, how much is it going to cost for my first harvest, and how many plants should I grow? I want to work out a budget ahead of time so I know how much it's going to cost, my friends are going to be helping me pay for it all.So what do you think? For a small grow operation supplying two patients how many plants should I grow and, if I do it cheaply, how much can I expect to spend on my first harvest?

Also, is there a local place to get seeds and clones? Are they sold at local dispensaries?

What is the best way to grow? should I set up a hydroponic system or just plant some flower pots?

I'm sure I have more questions, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Welcome " someonelse812 " to MMMA 2.0

My Best suggestion is for You and your Friends

to attend several of your local Compassion Clubs ... :thumbsu:

They are the BEST Place to get All your Questions Answered ...

Most of your Question have been answered through-out

this Entire Site ...

You could set up a fairly Nice Set-up for around $1500 or less ...

To grow for Your and your Patients to be ....

It wont be like the Big Dawgs , But it'll get you in the door

and enough Meds to keep you all medicated ...

Alot of your Compassion Clubs can tell you where to go

that is SAFE for you to get Clones , Seeds ....

Even out here on this Site there is Tricloud that

gets compensated for seeds and clones....

Check our Forum ... Lots of Good Information .... :thumbsu:

welcome to the site, and best of luck in your new endeavor. it sounds like you have a TON of reading and research to do.

all the questions you are asking can only be answered by you. how much to spend? that depends on you, your grow space, and how many watts you need/want.

hydro or soil?? thats one question NOBODY but you can answer.

how many plants?? well, thats going to depend on your grow methods, lights, veg time, strains, and how much meds you will need to get the job done.

well, i guess i can answer one question for you :) seeds and clones are available all over the state. at many compassion clubs you can find seeds. or google "tricloud genetics" or make a post here when you are all set up and ready: http://michiganmedic...100#entry259006

there are many many books, classes, internet sites that will help you along the way. this isnt something you learn in a couple days..... and one should expect failure on their first crop as well. maybe not 100% failure, but dont expect magazine quality meds on your first run. most don't get that lucky.

cultivating cannabis is a BIG job........ especially when you have sick patients depending on you.

not trying to be negative......... just honest. anyone on the site will confirm that i just tell it like it is :)

take a peek here and read the table of contents and at least the first post....... if not all 80 pages: http://michiganmedic...red-come-on-in/

there are some good soil vs. hydro conversations in there for you to make a decision based on your own needs.

once again, best of luck and do not get discouraged if you do not have a bunch of answers to such "vague" questions :)

best of luck, and feel free to keep asking once you have the basics down in your mind.

You can do all the reading you want, go to all the compassion clubs, and get advice from 20 different growers and still have a rough time of it. I have had the best success helping new growers who don't do homework...then they do exactly what I tell them to do and don't ruin it by thinking for themselves before they are qualified to do so. There are alot of good growers willing to help, but a huge problem I have seen is people try to apply advice from 12 different growers at the same time. You need to find a grower who puts out meds on a cosistent and reliable basis, and ask that guy to guide you. Then do what and only what he says. Don't let all your reading and research get you too cocky. Listen to your mentor.

For example, I helped a guy get going awhile back. Along with other instructions, I told him to go to a grow store and buy BLACK 5-gallon pails for the hydro setup and then go to Lowe's and buy silver lids to construct the grow chambers. I also told him what nutes, pumps, etc to buy to set up a RDWC. He called me a few weeks later when his plants were drooping. I went to his place and found that he bought ORANGE buckets and lids from Home Depot, and you could just about see through them they were so thin. This allowed algae to develop, and he was getting root rot issues. I told him to get the correct buckets and lids and pick up some hygrozyme. He did. BUT it turns out that when he was at the grow store, they sold him some organic additive that, I believe, severley compounded the root rot problem. Worse still, they told him that a h2o2 treatment would help kill the root root. They were right, but they failed to tell him that it would also kill all the enzymes in the $50 worth of hygrozyme he bought too. So the dude went home and dumped all that crap into this system, and guess what happened? His plants got worse.

Your best option is to connect with a local grower who will mentor you. Or maybe not even local but can help on-line. Listen to that ONE person until a situation arises he can't cope with.

Archived