Judge Upholds Walmart's Firing Of Michigan Medical Marijuana User

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only been in a Walmart once and didn't like it but with 50,000 mm cards in MI we could hit them where it counts. Lots of other places to spend our dollars.

Im afraid the 50k people are but a drop in the bucket for wallmart, people down state may be able to avoid them, I cant afford to avoid them, I cant drive to baycity when ever i want grocery's or everything else wall mart has, I dont wish I lived in the ratt race again, but that is the only way people up north can avoid wallmarts is if there is something else in or near their town like meijers or glens, we just dont have much choice, we couldnt afford to feed 6 people in our house if we didnt shop out of our little town, I belive in keeping the mony in my own communtiy, but when every thing is closed at 2pm on sun aft, what are my choices, lil high priced groceri stores, meat stores, every store up here is like 7-11 prices!

Wall mart sucks for alot of reasons, but have you ever seen a wall mart parking lot not full? they must be doing something rite! I know they did joe wrong, how do they fire some one that comes to work everyday and gets employee of the month? I guess they would have liked him doing his job on oxci's or morphine patches and doing the head bob when he worked!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I am a consultant and interact with small and medium business owners every single day. There are good ethical business owners and there are those who act unethically and justify their greed as just being good business.

I hope we can get past the 1800s attitude you have toward business. If left up to what business owners says goes we would be back to 8 year old kids losing limbs in factory jobs that work them 16 hours a day. We would be back to the companies paying in company dollars that are only spendable in the company store that you "owe your soul to." I hope we never seen the Gibsonian cyberpunk world where corporations rule the people (oh bunny muffin we are all ready there.)

Why people feel we need police to watch that people don't break laws like speeding to keep everyone safe but corporation don't need regulators to keep them from acting in a unethical manor is beyond me.

They had no right to fire Joe. There should be equal protection. If you don't fire people with vicodin in their systems at work then you have NO RIGHT to fire someone with medical marijuana. If businesses are not going to act ethically then they must be forced to. You know why Walmart does drug testing after a workplace injury don't you? It has nothing to do with a suspicion the person was under the influence and contributed to their own injury. It has everything to do with an unethical excuse to get out of paying any long term medical or workers compensation. This is unethical greed at it's worst.

I totaly agree with the part underlined, and every place of business does that, unless you are working for mom and pops, now the business i had I didnt p test any one, even if there was an accident, I didnt pay workmans comp so my employees cant collect it, just the opposite!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Joseph Casias was Employee of the Year.

I can understand if Walmart is the only store in your town, but I'd try and avoid them at all costs.

They get lawsuits filed against them more so than any other company in our nation because...they do many things wrong.

There's a Walmart in the town where I live...and while I might save a few dollars by shopping there vs. Kroger...I refuse to ever step foot in a Walmart or Sam's Club - or any store affiliated with the Walton Family as long as I live.

Mizerman

There's a Walmart in the town where I live...and while I might save a few dollars by shopping there vs. Kroger...I refuse to ever step foot in a Walmart or Sam's Club - or any store affiliated with the Walton Family as long as I live.

I hear you. I know I'm pretty lucky that paying a little more elsewhere does not hurt me any. I understand that many people just can't afford to do that. However my observations are if I buy meat in larger quantities either a side of beef or a family package deal I get prices as good or better than walmart. Gorden Foods for bulk stuff can and be competitive. It takes some effort but unless you live up in the boonies (like I know some of you do) you can find other sources without paying a arm and a leg.

I totaly agree with the part underlined, and every place of business does that, unless you are working for mom and pops, now the business i had I didnt p test any one, even if there was an accident, I didnt pay workmans comp so my employees cant collect it, just the opposite!

Peace

FTW

Jim

The factory I worked for years ago did that even then. It got so if people got injured they would hold on until the end of the day and go pay for their own doctor bill. Some of them kept super glue so they could use that instead of going to get stitches. For the last 15 years I have worked for that mom and pop type place you are talking about. Now they even know I am a patient and though I think they are not real happy they know that it would hurt the company financially to let me go. Still I don't want to push it too much because you know sometimes it is not about the money and one of my bosses is a ex LEO.

Archived