Denied Ssi Because Of Pending Felony?

Was I denied SSI because I have been accused of a felony manufacturing marijuana? could this be true?

I don't understand what my police record has to do w/ receiving benefits and the fact that they state "have you been accused of a felony"?

wtf innocent until proven guilty correct?

so what does a accusation of a crime have to do with anything?

I contacted a lawyer, they were in agreement that they saw no direct reason why I was denied I fit more than one of their direct guidelines for approval.

I have the application in front of me for my SSI, why does it ask me and state; (I said no to all these questions.)

Fugitive Felon and Parole or Probation violation information

• The following statements describe my fugitive felon/parole or probation violator status as of February 17, 2011.
  • I have not been accused or convicted of a felony or a attempt to commit a felony.
  • I am not on parole or probation under Federal or State law

Trix

I assume you have gotten your denial letter.

IF so, have you filed for your appeal?

Do you have a great Social Security Disability attorney?

If you don't yet...contact me on here by way of a PM and I will give you the name of mine.

Mizerman

Mizerman,

I have a PM from you with the SSI lawyer number you provided already.:thumbsu:

But what I don't understand is why does it ask those questions?

What does it matter if I have been accused of or convicted of a crime? why would they ask that..... I see no reason what that has to do with SSI?

Trix

Just a tip// yes its true most people get denied

first time but i also know some who apply an get

approved within 3 months.

i believe they ask you about felony questions

due to being time in jail..any time past 30

days you dont recieve benefits and they restart

when your are out of jail.JMHO

Bob>>>>>>>>

trix bottom line is when you go to jail for more than 30 days they stop ssdi and ssi, and all state aid! been there done that, I have a great attny also if the one you have dont work out. Im not sure but I wouldnt hire you, if you mite go to jail next month for 6,,,could be,,,check the law or call an attny for a free consultaion with your question!

Peace

edit= plus you the wrong age, race, sex, the odds are stacked against ya,,,dont give up, dont miss a lick,,,refile aft all appeals exhuasted imediatly! took me 8 yrs and i was several yrs older than you!

also if you are coming out of prison (the system) its actualy a lil easier! I know some here may disagree! with good reason,,,but i bet not to many ex prisoners took 8yrs to get it!!

Archived