Submitted To Myth Busters Last Night

peanutbutter

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums?f=9701967776&s=6941912904&r=99019530801&a=tpc&m=84019563601

Please help;

We need to bust this myth in Michigan.

The impact of marijuana on driving has been investigated by several governments around the world. The US DOT, Canada and Great Briton have all came to similar conclusions. That is that cannabis impacts motor skills about the same as a BAC of 0.05%. Legal in nearly every state for alcohol.

Even so, many people believe that it impacts people the same way and to the same degree as alcohol. This belief is a myth that directly impacts the lives of thousands of legal patients every day.

We desperately need this myth busted.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7459

Policy debates regarding marijuana law reform invariably raise the question: "How does society address concerns regarding pot use and driving?" The subject is worthy of serious discussion. NORML’s Board of Directors addressed this issue by ratifying a “no driving” clause to the organization’s “Principles of Responsible Cannabis Use”1 stating, “Although cannabis is said by most experts to be safer with motorists than alcohol and many prescription drugs, responsible cannabis consumers never operate motor vehicles in an impaired condition.”

Nevertheless, questions remain regarding the degree to which smoking cannabis impairs actual driving performance. Unlike alcohol, which is known to increase drivers’ risk-taking behavior and is a primary contributor in on-road accidents, marijuana’s impact on psychomotor skills is subtle and its real-world impact in automobile crashes is conflicting.

-- snip -- click the link above for more

PB,

Those guys on Mythbusters always seemed to me to be likely candidates for the medical benefits of MMJ.

And they may have 'already' done an 'unscientific' testing of the 'driving' question :D

Now if we could just get them to show the results.

PB,

Those guys on Mythbusters always seemed to me to be likely candidates for the medical benefits of MMJ.

And they may have 'already' done an 'unscientific' testing of the 'driving' question :D

Now if we could just get them to show the results.

The show might be able to define chronic pain :) After all .. they seem to find new pain with every episode.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums?f=9701967776&s=6941912904&r=99019530801&a=tpc&m=84019563601

Please help;

We need to bust this myth in Michigan.

The impact of marijuana on driving has been investigated by several governments around the world. The US DOT, Canada and Great Briton have all came to similar conclusions. That is that cannabis impacts motor skills about the same as a BAC of 0.05%. Legal in nearly every state for alcohol.

Even so, many people believe that it impacts people the same way and to the same degree as alcohol. This belief is a myth that directly impacts the lives of thousands of legal patients every day.

We desperately need this myth busted.

Where do i sign up? I wont even charge them for my time..

Archived