Stirring Reservoir

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for reservoir stirring? I'm currently using the complete foxfarms lineup in a flood and drain system,and notice that the nutrients tend to settle to the bottom of the reservoir. SO far I've just been manually stirring the reservoir every day, but is there any way to automate this process? Is fox farms more prone to settling than other nutrients solutions?

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for reservoir stirring? I'm currently using the complete foxfarms lineup in a flood and drain system,and notice that the nutrients tend to settle to the bottom of the reservoir. SO far I've just been manually stirring the reservoir every day, but is there any way to automate this process? Is fox farms more prone to settling than other nutrients solutions?

Thanks!

My guess would be an air pump with an air stone. That should keep it moving around. I'm not familiar with the system....

You can place a small water pump in your reservoir laying on it's side to keep your nutes stirred

Thats what i do. I also use the bubble tube that comes with some modles. I use aero so I just plug into the timer. Fox farm does settle.( I recommend botanicare.)

Hope it helps.

You can get an aquarium powerhead for $30, it also aerates the water better than an airstone.

These can be a problem as to the heat they produce. I use to have them on my fish tanks but had to get rid of them due to heat buildup.

Airstones don't have that problem.

These can be a problem as to the heat they produce. I use to have them on my fish tanks but had to get rid of them due to heat buildup.

Airstones don't have that problem.

Interesting.... my res stays at 65, but it is on the basement floor. I'll keep an eye on it in the summer.

stirrerrer

The Autonomous Saucier.

This is the only device that automatically stirs sauces, leaving you free to prepare other parts of the meal. The device stands in a sauce on three stainless steel legs with silicone rubber feet and autonomously spins and revolves smoothly around the pan, mixing ingredients and infusing their flavors. A spatula on one of the feet rests flush against the bottom of the pan and mixes bits of food that would otherwise stick and burn. The battery-powered stirrer can be used in sauces up to 4" deep and has three speed settings to accommodate a light au jus sauce or thick gravy. The silicone feet allow use in non-stick cookware and are heat resistant up to 572º F. The removable legs are dishwasher safe. Includes four AA batteries that provide up to four hours of use. 7 1/4" H x 5" Diam. (12 oz.)

Archived