Please Attend Crucial Holland Meeting

Crucial Club Meeting This Monday, March 21 at the library at 7PM

Before I get down to the business at hand, I want to tell you that Paul Dashner died from cancer recently. Some of you knew him from the club meetings he attended. Today, Friday, I attended his funeral. After the service there was lunch, during which a DVD of Paul’s life was shown. While watching his life in pictures, I had the following thought occur to me: you know, Kurt, all the difficult garbage you have to deal with that’s associated with medical marijuana, such as the politics you have been dragged into regarding the city of Holland developing a not very friendly ordinance for medical marijuana, it’s all worth it. Paul’s obituary said he “was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and a member of the Holland Compassionate Care Association, which educates medical professionals on medical marijuana.” The priest who conducted the service was asked to mention this also in his homily. And more than 2 people I mentioned to that I knew Paul through a medical marijuana support group told me how much it had helped Paul and what a great thing we were doing! Most everyone knew of Paul’s use, because he freely shared how much it helped him. An older couple said, because of Paul, they wanted to use medical marijuana when they have conditions that warrant it. I will always remember Paul for simply summarizing in a meeting the many things that can be said about medical marijuana: it’s a wonderful plant. That what Paul told anyone who would listen.

This coming Tuesday evening at 5PM the Holland Planning Commission will make public their draft medical marijuana ordinance at city hall. This is a crucial meeting to attend for as many people as possible. Medical marijuana advocates in Kalamazoo made the mistake of not getting involved in their city’s ordinance till it got to the city council for discussion. THIS IS TOO LATE. WE NEED TO BE INVOLVED STARTING TUESDAY. GET AS MANY PEOPLE TO SHOW UP WITH YOU AS YOU CAN.

This coming Monday we are having a club meeting at Herrick library at 7PM were we will discuss the draft. It should be available for the meeting, if the city has it ready by then, which they should. We need to get together and talk about the draft before Tuesday. THIS IS IT, PEOPLE. GET INVOLVED OR LOSS YOUR RIGHTS.

I know we have not had many meetings lately, partly because I have been spending a lot of time working with the city and I have only two hands. I cannot tell you all the things that are in the works, but it takes time for the fruit to ripen. I hope we will have a fruitful harvest in the next few months as a result of this work. It all takes time. Please hang in there with the club.

Some people have requested specific things for the club to discuss, such as Brian making another presentation of his Hempy Bucket system. Let’s make a list of these things for the next few meetings Monday.

Kurt

kurtklaas@comcast.net

Archived