I Want To Come Home!

My current situation and coming to this sight reminds me of a story that an old guy in Mississippi told me years ago and I would like to share this story with all of you. There was once a young man and in growing up with his mother and father he caused allot of problems at home for his mother. The father finally fed up with the young man's disrespectful demeanor said to his son I love your mother very much and I will not allow for you to continue to disrespect your mother any longer.

You must pack all of your belongings and leave our home and never return. The young man proceeded to pack all of his belongings and left the home. Many years went by and the son missing his mother and father very much called his father and asked if he could come home and visit them. The father said to his son you know again I love your mother very much and don't want to see your mother hurt in any way. He said I will ask your mother if it is okay for you to return.

You see there was a train track that ran directly behind the house where his mother and father lived. The father said to his son if it is okay with her for you to return I will hang a white towel in the apple tree behind the house. The son took the train and proceeded to the town in which he had lived. As the train was approaching the house that his mother and father lived in the young man was very anxious to see whether or not there was a white towel in the apple tree. There was a preacher sitting next to the young man on the train and the young man asked the preacher if he would be his eyes as he could not bare to see if there was a white towel in the apple tree. The preacher agreed and as they proceeded past the house the young man placed his face into his hand so as not to see the tree. The train passed his parents house and the young man raised his head and asked the preacher if there was a white towel in the apple tree. The preacher responded no I did not see a white towel in the apple tree but what I did see was the whole town standing in the back yard waving white towels. The preacher said your home son your home. I only wish that I was on the train headed home. I can only hope that I can make it home. Because of my physical health I think that my rage is the only thing that keeps me standing on my feet. I want to come home!!

Archived