Hello Mmma - Intro Post With Some Questions

Hi MMMA,

My name is Luke, I live in Grand Rapids and am currently at the beginning of the process in getting my medical marijuana card. Here's a little background information:

For over a decade now I've been medicated for depression, anxiety and ADHD. And on top of being prescribed various medications to treat these issues, I've also been prescribed medications to treat the side effects of the original medications. For example, I've been prescribed numerous sorts of sleep-aids to deal the sleeplessness caused by the stimulants. I've also been prescribed anti-depressants to help address the loss of appetite caused by the medications. None of these mediations, sleep-aids and the like have been both effective or tolerable. I need to take my adhd medications to function normally in many respects, however the lack of appetite and sleeplessness cause major problems over time. Marijuana, however, has been show to be very effective in both helping me eat as my medications where off and to help me sleep at night. I understand that this condition is not one of the Named diseases listed under the actual bill, however I've read mixed information on various sources on the internet etc. I'm writing this from a very genuine place in that I really do struggle with the side-effects/pro-cons of the stimulant medications and how much they themselves help me function and succeed in life. What I am most curious to know is first:

With all the documentation, prescriptions, therapy etc that I have, can I qualify for a Card with my condition? Does anyone know of anyone who had a similar situation?

Secondly, if is is possible for me to get a card, what route do you all recommend?

As is mentioned above, I'm currently in Grand Rapids, however I am able to travel where ever in the state if needed. On another note, I am more than able to pay any/all fees associated with the Card process. Please feel free to call or email me if you feel you have relevant information, 313-806-3958. Thank you very much and I look forward to participating and helping to contribute to this forum.

Luke

Hi MMMA,

My name is Luke, I live in Grand Rapids and am currently at the beginning of the process in getting my medical marijuana card. Here's a little background information:

For over a decade now I've been medicated for depression, anxiety and ADHD. And on top of being prescribed various medications to treat these issues, I've also been prescribed medications to treat the side effects of the original medications. For example, I've been prescribed numerous sorts of sleep-aids to deal the sleeplessness caused by the stimulants. I've also been prescribed anti-depressants to help address the loss of appetite caused by the medications. None of these mediations, sleep-aids and the like have been both effective or tolerable. I need to take my adhd medications to function normally in many respects, however the lack of appetite and sleeplessness cause major problems over time. Marijuana, however, has been show to be very effective in both helping me eat as my medications where off and to help me sleep at night. I understand that this condition is not one of the Named diseases listed under the actual bill, however I've read mixed information on various sources on the internet etc. I'm writing this from a very genuine place in that I really do struggle with the side-effects/pro-cons of the stimulant medications and how much they themselves help me function and succeed in life. What I am most curious to know is first:

With all the documentation, prescriptions, therapy etc that I have, can I qualify for a Card with my condition? Does anyone know of anyone who had a similar situation?

Secondly, if is is possible for me to get a card, what route do you all recommend?

As is mentioned above, I'm currently in Grand Rapids, however I am able to travel where ever in the state if needed. On another note, I am more than able to pay any/all fees associated with the Card process. Please feel free to call or email me if you feel you have relevant information, 313-806-3958. Thank you very much and I look forward to participating and helping to contribute to this forum.

Luke

Hey Luke welcome.

Welcome to the site,

again I read yet another post of a sick individual and wonder why the government doesn't just listen to the people Marijuana helps sick people, get over it already!!!

Luke your in the right place for support, and hopefully down the road these ailments can be added to the list of qualifying conditions..There is a process to get ailments added to our law. I will be doing research, and standing outside getting signatures or w/e it take to get certain aspects looked at hopefully changed for the better of the community.

Again, welcome to the family!!

Trix :bong2:

Archived