Ex-N.m. Governor Gary Johnson Announces For President

spread the word this guy needs to win!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/04/gary-johnson-president-new-mexico-governor-/1

Former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson said today he is running for president in 2012.

Johnson, a Republican who was governor from 1995 to 2003, made his announcement on the steps of the State House in Concord, N.H. On Twitter a short while ago, his staff tweeted for him:

First time to say it. "I am running for president."

Johnson has libertarian views and is perhaps best known for his efforts to legalize marijuana and for cutting New Mexico's budget and taxes. He's been traveling to early presidential contest states such as Iowa and New Hampshire talking about the nation's debt and U.S. involvement in Afghanistan and Libya.

Johnson now runs Our American Initiative, a political organization seeks to "enlighten the population about civil liberties, free enterprise, limited government, and traditional American values."

He is not well-known outside of his home state. Among Republicans, former governors Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota have announced their presidential exploratory committees for 2012.

It sure would be nice to have a viable candidate.

Trump - :lol: Great Ideas! - Too offensive! Don King just white

Romney - Looks like a president. Doesn't stand for anything but not offending people.

Palin - They just dangle her in front of loons to get em riled up. :lol: She sure does get people worked up. My wife HATES her.

I had this idea in the last election I personally though it would have give McCain he edge to beat any rival but they chose Nutty Mcnutbag!

Governor Johnson sir, choose Joe Lieberman your VP running mate.

While choosing a democrat might ruffle feathers with the republicans and the democrats both. It would have been hard to bashing Sen. Lieberman he votes the way his voters want him to vote. He remembers that he is an elected official that is supposed to be the voice of the people. This would be a hard one to sneak past either party. That would have been an unbeatable team I think had McCain done it. McCain had the republicans in a bind because he won the primary there were many a republican that despised McCain because he too votes the will of the people. Many republicans hold a grudge because he would go against the party. Those people did not want McCain to be the nominee.

However, man, it would be nice to have two of the top leaders in this world understand they are elected to do the will of the people not their will. Johnson/Lieberman in 2012 I like it!

Lets all get behind this man!!!! He surely is one Presidential hopeful that gets the will of the people, he understands the drug war was lost a long time ago and knows the costs are not worth it anymore. He balanced NM's budget and reigned in spending, this a true American that cares about fellow Americans and he will get my vote!!!

D

spread the word this guy needs to win!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/04/gary-johnson-president-new-mexico-governor-/1

Former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson said today he is running for president in 2012.

Johnson, a Republican who was governor from 1995 to 2003, made his announcement on the steps of the State House in Concord, N.H. On Twitter a short while ago, his staff tweeted for him:

First time to say it. "I am running for president."

Johnson has libertarian views and is perhaps best known for his efforts to legalize marijuana and for cutting New Mexico's budget and taxes. He's been traveling to early presidential contest states such as Iowa and New Hampshire talking about the nation's debt and U.S. involvement in Afghanistan and Libya.

Johnson now runs Our American Initiative, a political organization seeks to "enlighten the population about civil liberties, free enterprise, limited government, and traditional American values."

He is not well-known outside of his home state. Among Republicans, former governors Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota have announced their presidential exploratory committees for 2012.

• 1 month later...

Archived