I Need To Babble, And A Legal Question

Hello all. I have posted here a few times but need to babble for a bit. Some may be interested in my story.

My chronic back pain started in 2009. I was driving a work vehicle down the road and suddenly a sharp pain struck my lower back and shot down my leg. To shorten this up a bit, two MRI's showed 'mild' arthritis and disc degeneration. Mild my donkey. Anyway...lost my job, lost my house due to our income being cut in half. Currently am living in a trailer park and wondering what the hell I am going to do. Starting over at age 40 is not fun. Cashed out 401k and am living off wife's income.

I am currently on Norco, Kadian, Neurontin and Klonopin for pain and anxiety issues. I used to smoke pot in high school but have done it sparingly since. It has always done little for me. I am hoping 'medical grade' marijuana will help me get off this toxic combo of meds. I gathered up my last five visit records from the past year at a pain clinic and walked into the Your Healthy Choice Clinic in Lansing. I also should mention I am in the early stages of glaucoma. I gave them the authorization to get my records from my eye doctor who diagnosed me, since I have left the practice because I moved and don't give a darn if they know I am applying for a card. I also signed a from giving them authorization to get more records from my now 'former' pain clinic (the last straw was the doctor, after a year, saying they don't treat chronic pain with medication). I am now at another pain clinic and will be getting facet blocks, and epidurals for the next four weeks starting tomorrow. Anyway, I gave the doctor my records, plopped down $100 and was 'approved'. I sent in another $100 to the state registered mail and they received it April 15. My math isn't very good, but I believe i will be 'legal' on May 6, providing i didn't make a mistake on the forms.

Now that I am waiting for May 6, the wait is intolerable. lol.

I hate that I need to keep this a secret from my primary care doctor and new pain clinic. However, i hate it more that doctor's are prescribing me pills that give me some relief, but could kill me.

Now for the question. My wife is 420 friendly, and I want to make her my caregiver (I didn't designate one on my form). She is much more knowledgeable about weed than I, but doesn't necessarily have a medical need for it. Should I wait until i get my card (4-6 months from what I'm reading here) or can i send in the forms and $10 after the 20 day wait? Does anyone have experience in this area?

Thanks for letting me vent. I have been addicted to this forum and am appalled that those with cards are being mocked by our attorney general and some legislators. I'll be there with you on May 25th, and look forward to putting faces with names.

Peace to you all.

Send in the forms right away. I wouldn't wait if I were you, but you have to decide. Some folks would wait until card in hand at every turn and every move, but the state takes so long that you could only grow and use your medicine half the year.

Welcome, peace to you and your wife, and good luck!:))

Send in the forms right away. I wouldn't wait if I were you, but you have to decide. Some folks would wait until card in hand at every turn and every move, but the state takes so long that you could only grow and use your medicine half the year.

Welcome, peace to you and your wife, and good luck!:))

Thank you for the reply. I will do that. The worst they can do is deny it, the best they can do is get her registered. Thanks again.

So you know hiding this from your doctors is not the best way to do things man if it ever gets brought into light that you were hiding the fact you are on it it will look bad, and if your pain doctors ever find out they will remove you from their practice. Really all they will say is you are just trying to get pills. If you make your wife your cg, you realize what you will be doing right? She will be the person who grows for you, and you said you are on restricted income so just letting you know right now, growing is not cheap by any means, it may be easier to find a cg that has a deal for someone with your needs than make your wife one.

Understand what you are saying, Ionioc. However, the way this law has panned out has forced many, if not most, to seek recommendations from the relative handful of doctors who will recommend MMJ. PCP's are not the ones giving most of the ok's on this, which I believe is wrong. This law has let us out of the closet, straight into another locked room, so to speak. lol. My point is that a PCP's job should be our COMPLETE healthcare provider, however that is just not the case. As far as the pain clinic booting me, I'm fine with that if I can get off the meds. In fact, I hope to boot them first. If this MMJ works, I won't need them for anything other than injections, which they don't drug test for. Annnd finally, my wife being the caregiver doesn't necessarily have to do with growing, but more with allowing her to carry and have access. We are in a lucky situation where very little to no cost meds are available to us.

Again, thanks for your concern...all valid points.

Peace.

And thanks Gama's other half :)

Understand what you are saying, Ionic. However, the way this law has panned out has forced many, if not most, to seek recommendations from the relative handful of doctors who will recommend MMJ. PCPs are not the ones giving most of the joke's on this, which I believe is wrong. This law has let us out of the closet, straight into another locked room, so to speak. lol. My point is that a PCPs job should be our COMPLETE healthcare provider, however that is just not the case. As far as the pain clinic booting me, I'm fine with that if I can get off the meds. In fact, I hope to boot them first. If this MMJ works, I won't need them for anything other than injections, which they don't drug test for. And finally, my wife being the caregiver doesn't necessarily have to do with growing, but more with allowing her to carry and have access. We are in a lucky situation where very little to no cost meds are available to us.

Again, thanks for your concern...all valid points.

Peace.

And thanks Gama's other half :)

Good morning melmo71. Make sure you keep copies of all your paper work and cashed cks.also any doctor records as you go along, much easier than trying to get them from doctors after you leave their practice

Good morning melmo71. Make sure you keep copies of all your paper work and cashed cks.also any doctor records as you go along, much easier than trying to get them from doctors after you leave their practice

Thanks, jaman...good morning to you! I have copied everything in triplicate and sent in everything registered mail. This is all because of the lurking I have done here for the past year-plus. thanks to you and the rest of the posters for the great info to be had.

Peace and thanks to all!

melmo71,

Make your wife the CG now, send it in, don't wait for the card. If you leave a pipe or something in your car, and she drives it alone, she can get busted even if you go to the jail and say it was yours. Send it in today! If she is a CG, and they find a roach, pipe, a small bag of MMJ, she will be safe. Do it for her.

Also, I have talked to someone who sent in their original app, had a CG on it, that CG wasn't working out so they sent in a change form, got their "changed" PT card after I think it was 2 months, not the normal 5-6. So sending in the change form and $10 might get you a card faster. Either way make sure your wife has copies of your sent in forms, and the change form to carry in her car.

Also, I have a PT with chronic pain, and they have found that MMJ pills and oils taken orally do a lot more for the pain than smoking it does. They still smoke it for some other issues, but when they want more pain relief, they look to the pills. Might be something you want to look into, good oil is made from buds, and it is always scary to drop an oz of buds into olive oil, but watched and done correctly it produces some really good potent meds. I am not talking about simpson oil, I am talking about just regular old MMJ infused Olive oil. Much safer to make too.

Good luck

Cedar

Archived