Hello everyone, been trolling around here for awhile, great place for help and info.

I am on my first grow 10 days into flowering, mostly all is going good but I see some issues.

Some info I am growing in a soil mix, using a Co2 system, running 2 1000 hps lights, have fans blowing all the time and air flow in and out of the room.

I am storing water in a 55 gallon drum which my source is at 8 Ph, I am bubbling it and trying to distill it, I then move what I need to a smaller container which I then check the Ph level and its like 6.9-7. So I add a little Ph down to get it to desired level of 6.5.

Then I add nutrients and I rechecked the Ph and it was 5.9.

I have been watering these every 4 days, dont think its a over or under watering issue

The first picture is of a Royal kush plant and the next 2 pictures are of Purple Pineberry

post-24200-0-93485400-1304265153_thumb.jpg

post-24200-0-50932900-1304265170_thumb.jpg

post-24200-0-24169100-1304265194_thumb.jpg

Should I wait till after I add nutrients to the mix then check Ph and adjust it??

During the first couple weeks I did not check Ph levels, do you think the issues could be from then?

Could this be heat stress?

Any info or help would be appreciated

Thank you

Purplehaze

Hello everyone, been trolling around here for awhile, great place for help and info.

I am on my first grow 10 days into flowering, mostly all is going good but I see some issues.

Some info I am growing in a soil mix, using a Co2 system, running 2 1000 hps lights, have fans blowing all the time and air flow in and out of the room.

I am storing water in a 55 gallon drum which my source is at 8 Ph, I am bubbling it and trying to distill it, I then move what I need to a smaller container which I then check the Ph level and its like 6.9-7. So I add a little Ph down to get it to desired level of 6.5.

Then I add nutrients and I rechecked the Ph and it was 5.9.

I have been watering these every 4 days, dont think its a over or under watering issue

The first picture is of a Royal kush plant and the next 2 pictures are of Purple Pineberry

post-24200-0-93485400-1304265153_thumb.jpg

post-24200-0-50932900-1304265170_thumb.jpg

post-24200-0-24169100-1304265194_thumb.jpg

Should I wait till after I add nutrients to the mix then check Ph and adjust it??

During the first couple weeks I did not check Ph levels, do you think the issues could be from then?

Could this be heat stress?

Any info or help would be appreciated

Thank you

Purplehaze

What kind of nutrients are you using? I have found that most will change the pH. What is your soil mix? Why are you storing the water in a barrel? Is the water you are using from a tap? Does it have chlorine? Is it "hard"? I have had pH issues with soil and those plants look a lot like the ones I had pH issues with. Check the water coming out the bottom of the pot. I water and catch the runoff with a spoon to check the pH. I had to flush the pots (twice the amount of water as the container holds) with high pH water (my soil was too acidic) and then do a nute water for the last flush. How dry do you let the soil get between watering? I have found that letting the soil dry out to a level of about 1-2 inches from the top of the soil works great. The soil actually draws away from the sides of the pot before I need to water. I then water until i get runoff out the bottom. BTW, I use soft water from my well. I switched to "potassium chloride" from "sodium chloride" (salt) to regenerate the softener and my plants love my water - no issues.

A five gallon pail with holes punched in the lid works well to catch runoff for flushing.

Getting water to the room was a little difficult and is quite far from the tap its city water and checks 8 Ph. So I fill a 55 gallon drum as needed. Then I transfer some to a bucket at this point the Ph checks like 6.9-7 then I add the nutrients.

I think awesomo is correct, I should be checking the water after I add the nutrients and adjusting as needed.

I am going to check the run off monday as I will need to water then.

I am using a soil mix of promix /coconut / earthworm / clay on top

I am watering by weight of pots / feeling 1-2 inches deep for dryness.

Thank you for all the input

The room stays on the hot side, 70 at night and 85 when the 2 lights are on.

The humidity is between 50-60%

The lights were 24 inches above then there was a growth spurt and I did not adjust till couple got to like 18 inches. Now its 24-30 inches above all.

I did not add anything else to the soil mix like a buffer.

Archived