21 Day Math Help

Ok, so MDCH stamped my USPS green card on April 15, check cashed on April 18th. From all that I gathered on this very helpful forum, the clock starts on the day MDCH stamps. I pulled up the calendar on my computer that week, and started counting April 16 (24 hours after receipt) as day one, 17th-day 2, etc...which makes me "legal" (phhhh) at 12:01a May 6th...tomorrow.

So I wake up at 2am in pain...get my coffee and do the count again, just to make sure tomorrow is the day. I then started thinking...would I actually count the days from April 15th? That's the day they received it...so if I start with April 15th as day 1, April 16 as day 2...I would actually be legal today! Right?!

I guess I'm wondering what day the dispensaries consider it legal. I don't care if i have to wait another day, and probably will just to be safe, but what say you?

To me I empathize w/ your question :notfair: we shouldn't have to work so hard just to feel safe.

As for your question, A lawyer once told me wait 21 days then and your good... while I was going through court transcripts, during my court case, I saw many statements of 21+5 days.. I will have to check that out.. but you shouldn't worry once you have a Dr.s rec. you SHOULD be covered under the A.D... what I'm getting at is YAY!! go medicate with your coffee and have a super day, hope the pain stays away while the sun shines today!!

But when you asked "I guess I'm wondering what day the dispensaries consider it legal". I hope you have a source to obtain your meds besides a dispensary ask around on the forums, you will find much more compassionate prices from most. Legaly it may be safer for a first timer to stear clear of them they are hot spots for cops it seems as of late. good luck enjoy..

Trix :bong2:

To me I empathize w/ your question :notfair: we shouldn't have to work so hard just to feel safe.

As for your question, A lawyer once told me wait 21 days then and your good... while I was going through court transcripts, during my court case, I saw many statements of 21+5 days.. I will have to check that out.. but you shouldn't worry once you have a Dr.s rec. you SHOULD be covered under the A.D... what I'm getting at is YAY!! go medicate with your coffee and have a super day, hope the pain stays away while the sun shines today!!

But when you asked "I guess I'm wondering what day the dispensaries consider it legal". I hope you have a source to obtain your meds besides a dispensary ask around on the forums, you will find much more compassionate prices from most. Legaly it may be safer for a first timer to stear clear of them they are hot spots for cops it seems as of late. good luck enjoy..

Appreciate the info, Trix. A very good morning to you! I haven't heard of the 21+5..Guess i should check that out.

I don't plan on using a dispensary for my meds, but they are what I thought of as far as checking paperwork. Like bars or stores look at your ID and have the "You must have born..." calendar. Hey! There's an idea! A 21 day calendar that starts...um...when? lol.

Guest Happy Guy

The way you want to think about this is like this;

Just imagine if you were checked and had to use just your paperwork. Chances are you would be looked at very closely. Sometimes they assume your paperwork is bogus. When that happens they usually put you through the first steps in a possession charge and then put a contingency on that, that if you produce a card (someday) they will drop the charges. So you are hanging until you get the card. If, for some reason your application is denied, you would want to show you waited long enough to let MDCH have time to evaluate your application and inform you in a timely mannor. Some might look at it that you give MDCH 20 days to look over the application and 5 business days for them to inform you of any mistakes. That would look good in court.

You have to look ahead and see 'what could happen' and work your way back from that to where you are now. Some things you might do would up your chances of being 'looked at'. For instance, if you went to a dispensary you would be automatically drawing attention to yourself and your chances of being 'tested' go up astronomically. Kind of like if your went down to a very busy street and put a big pot leaf hat on, jumped up and down and shouted, "I'm legal today even though I don't have a card"!

The way you want to think about this is like this;

Just imagine if you were checked and had to use just your paperwork. Chances are you would be looked at very closely. Sometimes they assume your paperwork is bogus. When that happens they usually put you through the first steps in a possession charge and then put a contingency on that, that if you produce a card (someday) they will drop the charges. So you are hanging until you get the card. If, for some reason your application is denied, you would want to show you waited long enough to let MDCH have time to evaluate your application and inform you in a timely mannor. Some might look at it that you give MDCH 20 days to look over the application and 5 business days for them to inform you of any mistakes. That would look good in court.

You have to look ahead and see 'what could happen' and work your way back from that to where you are now. Some things you might do would up your chances of being 'looked at'. For instance, if you went to a dispensary you would be automatically drawing attention to yourself and your chances of being 'tested' go up astronomically. Kind of like if your went down to a very busy street and put a big pot leaf hat on, jumped up and down and shouted, "I'm legal today even though I don't have a card"!

I appreciate the info, but I think you are getting side-tracked because I used "dispensary". I apologize for that. I am aware of the legal ramifications of this.

Again, I probably will wait until tomorrow to be safe...but am looking for how the dates are counted. Swap "dispensary" for "caregiver". How does a caregiver, when looking at the paperwork, count the days on th calendar for me? My green card is stamped April 15. Does he look at his calendar and count April 15 (1 day), April 16 (2 days) or does he do what i originally did...count April 16 (1 day), April 17 (2 days)...

Guest Happy Guy

I appreciate the info, but I think you are getting side-tracked because I used "dispensary". I apologize for that. I am aware of the legal ramifications of this.

Again, I probably will wait until tomorrow to be safe...but am looking for how the dates are counted. Swap "dispensary" for "caregiver". How does a caregiver, when looking at the paperwork, count the days on th calendar for me? My green card is stamped April 15. Does he look at his calendar and count April 15 (1 day), April 16 (2 days) or does he do what i originally did...count April 16 (1 day), April 17 (2 days)...

I have to say, in all fairness, I saw a doctor on 12/4/08 and started sprouting my seeds that day. But I had enough money to pay an attorney for an affirmative defense. My attorney told me it would cost me $7000 for an AD. I had that money in a safe place. Always cover yourself for 'what could happen'. If you can't afford an attorney wait for your plastic.

I have to say, in all fairness, I saw a doctor on 12/4/08 and started sprouting my seeds that day. But I had enough money to pay an attorney for an affirmative defense. My attorney told me it would cost me $7000 for an AD. I had that money in a safe place. Always cover yourself for 'what could happen'. If you can't afford an attorney wait for your plastic.

Appreciate the info. An Caregivers out there that can answer my question?

333.26424 sec. 4. (a) "A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege..."

333.26429 (b) "If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

I hope you have a source to obtain your meds besides a dispensary

One would hope!

Best advice, don't get caught! Even with hard card it's not all that legal. Don't think you can get caught burning in a park and think you can break out the old card and be good! Like, Officer: "oh, I'm sorry sir. Go back to smoking your medication. Have a nice day!"

Read the entire victims of the system thread. Child endangerment, Health code violations, slightly outside the law, duid,........ what else?

Archived