Newbie Needs Help! Yellowing Leaves!

Truehedonist

Help!! I'm a newbie and this is my first crop. I only have one girl in bloom and she's turning yellow. Been in bloom for 4 weeks. Buds are growing but worried. post-25423-0-27608700-1306696488_thumb.jpgpost-25423-0-14640200-1306696517_thumb.jpgpost-25423-0-57037500-1306696548_thumb.jpgpost-25423-0-57821500-1306696580_thumb.jpg

Also have several in veg that are 6 - 8 weeks old. They have started to yellow. Been giving extra Nit and now we have small brown spots starting on the edges of the leaves moving in. Uhg!! Don't want to kill my first set of girls:yummy:

Nice looking plants.

You in dirt? This might be a nute lockout issue. I only use dirt for my mothers, but it looks like what I had going on. Have you checked for bugs? Little brown or white spots under the leaves? Spider mites can looks like a little dirt spec under your leaf.

Do a full flush. Take them and put 3 times the water through as you have dirt, just let them drain out. So if you have a 2 gallon pot, you put 6 gallons of fresh clean water through with no nutes or additives. That does a reset on what's in your pot. Once that is done, I normally wait a while, let the dirt dry up a bit, then feed as normal. Might be a day or so before you feed again.

Especially using chemical nutes, you should plan on flushing out once in a while. The salts they use build up in the dirt and cause problems like this. The brown leaves may never come back, but any new leaves and growth should look amazing if you have no other problems.

Cedar

Nice looking plants.

You in dirt? This might be a nute lockout issue. I only use dirt for my mothers, but it looks like what I had going on. Have you checked for bugs? Little brown or white spots under the leaves? Spider mites can looks like a little dirt spec under your leaf.

Do a full flush. Take them and put 3 times the water through as you have dirt, just let them drain out. So if you have a 2 gallon pot, you put 6 gallons of fresh clean water through with no nutes or additives. That does a reset on what's in your pot. Once that is done, I normally wait a while, let the dirt dry up a bit, then feed as normal. Might be a day or so before you feed again.

Especially using chemical nutes, you should plan on flushing out once in a while. The salts they use build up in the dirt and cause problems like this. The brown leaves may never come back, but any new leaves and growth should look amazing if you have no other problems.

Cedar

The PH is 6.5, growing in soil. I didn't nute for the first few weeks (bad advice) now I'm nuting every water. I'm using Earth Juice Grow, Bloom

& Cat, mild formula.

Temp in Veg room is running at 76 to 78 ish and 60% humidity. Veg is running 76ish in day dropping to high 60's at night, 45% humidity.

Using CFL lights about 3-5" from plants in both rooms. Light meter says they are getting good light.

No sign of bugs or mold.

Worried because leaves in Veg are getting the micro brown spots now after I nuted then for the Nit deficency. Did I over nute?

In soil, most people Feed, water, water. So only feed every third watering. Sounds like you have nute lock. It won't hurt to try flushing, and if you see improvement you know what the solution was.

When I had this problem, I did a flush and noticed almost immediate (1 day) response. new leaves, new green, new height.

One other thing is do you let the soil get slightly dry on top? You don't want it to get hard, but the very top should be slightly dry before adding more water.

PH also seems a little high. As I do hydro, I know it is different than mine, but I try to stay 5.8 to 6.2 at most. Maybe someone with some soil experience can chime in on the PH level.

Now, I personally (as a water farmer take my advice with that knowledge) would immediately flush. Run plain water through. especially if the water that comes out isn't clear, there is way too much in the soil. the water should come out clear by the end of the flush, then if you really want you can water with nutes.

In soil, most people Feed, water, water. So only feed every third watering. Sounds like you have nute lock. It won't hurt to try flushing, and if you see improvement you know what the solution was.

When I had this problem, I did a flush and noticed almost immediate (1 day) response. new leaves, new green, new height.

One other thing is do you let the soil get slightly dry on top? You don't want it to get hard, but the very top should be slightly dry before adding more water.

PH also seems a little high. As I do hydro, I know it is different than mine, but I try to stay 5.8 to 6.2 at most. Maybe someone with some soil experience can chime in on the PH level.

Now, I personally (as a water farmer take my advice with that knowledge) would immediately flush. Run plain water through. especially if the water that comes out isn't clear, there is way too much in the soil. the water should come out clear by the end of the flush, then if you really want you can water with nutes.

Thanks so much!!! Will do ASAP :nurse:

Archived