Let Me Introduce Myself.......

Hello everybody.

While looking for some information for grow room set ups, I came upon one of Bubblegrower's topics in a 'sister site' about Scrogging, and really wanted to come in and find more information like that. So here I am.

Just a bit about myself.

Like many of us, I've had a few injuries that decided to stay with me for life. One of those was a back injury in October 2000. In a freak accident, my office chair at work had a faulty pneumatic column, and crashed the chair down when I hopped into it. This caused a compression injury to three discs and two nerve roots in my lower back.(L4,L5,S1) After trying everything, we settled on a combination of Oxycontin and Norflex to keep the pain and spasms under control. That was in 2003. In spite of the use of the pharmaceuticals, I still needed facet blocks, nerve root injections, trigger point injections,epidurals, etc, and began to consider a rhizotomy (severing nerve roots at the spinal cord) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizotomy. Yes, the pain gets that bad. I decided that I just couldn't take that risk,of possible paralysis, and continued on the meds and other injections/therapies.

The turning point came for me in 2009. During a simple abdominal surgery, my doctors took the opportunity to look around with the camera while they were inside. What they found was astonishing to say the least. During my post-op visit, my doctor, with all his compassion, asked if I needed some help with an alcohol problem. Alcohol problem? I drink maybe once or twice a YEAR. The reason he asked was because my liver was at least twice the size it should be. The only other thing that could have done that was the Oxycontin. I decided to start smoking more, and taking less of the pain med. But I just couldn't seem to totally stop the oxy. So I started to get more intensive in my research about Medical Marijuana, and found some forums. With the help and support of many friends, I have started to dabble in growing my own medicine. And that's how I got here!

I am happy to say that I have finally conquered my addiction to Oxycontin. Be it recently, it is still a victory. I know that I never would have been able to do that without MMJ.

Hope, peace and Love

Desi

Hello everybody.

While looking for some information for grow room set ups, I came upon one of Bubblegrower's topics in a 'sister site' about Scrogging, and really wanted to come in and find more information like that. So here I am.

Just a bit about myself.

Like many of us, I've had a few injuries that decided to stay with me for life. One of those was a back injury in October 2000. In a freak accident, my office chair at work had a faulty pneumatic column, and crashed the chair down when I hopped into it. This caused a compression injury to three discs and two nerve roots in my lower back.(L4,L5,S1) After trying everything, we settled on a combination of Oxycontin and Norflex to keep the pain and spasms under control. That was in 2003. In spite of the use of the pharmaceuticals, I still needed facet blocks, nerve root injections, trigger point injections,epidurals, etc, and began to consider a rhizotomy (severing nerve roots at the spinal cord) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizotomy. Yes, the pain gets that bad. I decided that I just couldn't take that risk,of possible paralysis, and continued on the meds and other injections/therapies.

The turning point came for me in 2009. During a simple abdominal surgery, my doctors took the opportunity to look around with the camera while they were inside. What they found was astonishing to say the least. During my post-op visit, my doctor, with all his compassion, asked if I needed some help with an alcohol problem. Alcohol problem? I drink maybe once or twice a YEAR. The reason he asked was because my liver was at least twice the size it should be. The only other thing that could have done that was the Oxycontin. I decided to start smoking more, and taking less of the pain med. But I just couldn't seem to totally stop the oxy. So I started to get more intensive in my research about Medical Marijuana, and found some forums. With the help and support of many friends, I have started to dabble in growing my own medicine. And that's how I got here!

I am happy to say that I have finally conquered my addiction to Oxycontin. Be it recently, it is still a victory. I know that I never would have been able to do that without MMJ.

Hope, peace and Love

Desi

Well done...

Dr. Bob

Archived