Michigan Made 4-Site Dwc/14-Site Bubbleponics Cloner

Was yacking about this in the chat the other day so I decided a journal was in order.

I walked in an hydrostore and these had just arrived, not even priced yet. Looked nifty so I had to buy.

I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and just want to give credit to a local company for making a great product!

For our industry to flourish ( ;) ) we need to support each other in all positive ventures.

The company is called Plantation Temptation. Not sure if this is a Thomas Jefferson reference or to the Tree of Knowledge?

The kit is made of Bisphenol-A free plastic, and includes a reservior, a 14-site lid (for 2" net cups", a 4-site lid (for 3.75" net cups), 14 2" collars, and 14 neoprene 2" discs. The res capacity is slightly over 1 gallon, maybe 12 additional fluid-ounces, depending on the stem-length of your cuttings. It has a footprint of 19.5x6.5"

part1ud.jpg

Additional items needed: 12" bar air-stone (can use more others, depending on your inventory), air pump, air hose.

Items I purchased also: 2 elbows, a 1/2" grommet, a valve

part2az.jpg

to install the valve you will need to drill a 3/4" hole. Installing the grommet is easier from inside. For cloning you won't need to swap out the water per cycle, but I will be using this to grow and harvest 4 plants once this batch roots, and a drain is always usefull.

note: this sytem can easily be adapted to other forms of hydroponic growing such as flood-and-drain, NFT, etc. so the grommet has much utility.

drainsa.jpg

One end of the res has a hole for the air-hose

stoneiy.jpg

Here is the assembled kit under a single 2ft. T5, next to a bubbleponics cloner I built. When I clone in cubes I get roots in about 7 days. I am only using the neoprene collars that came with the kit.

completep.jpg

Looks cool. How does it do with larger cuttings? Can it still maintain balance well?

This is my first go-around with it so I'm not sure how directly saturated stems will work. I usually clone in Grodan 1" cubes as can be seen in the other cloner and it works really well. In the photo there is a rather tall cutting that rooted great in about 5 days. It was from a flowering plant that was put outside, reverted to veg, and while moving it back inside I took 4 cuts. They all rooted extremely fast. There may be some science to that!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Bit shallow and narrow for clones in my set up...but perfect to get the dang seedlings out of my cloner....What's the cost on it. Went to site, and they don't put a price

• 1 month later...

Was yacking about this in the chat the other day so I decided a journal was in order.

I walked in an hydrostore and these had just arrived, not even priced yet. Looked nifty so I had to buy.

I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and just want to give credit to a local company for making a great product!

For our industry to flourish ( ;) ) we need to support each other in all positive ventures.

Hi, hows it work if i need one of them black containers and the top? Or is it a kit ?

Like the size

The company is called Plantation Temptation. Not sure if this is a Thomas Jefferson reference or to the Tree of Knowledge?

The kit is made of Bisphenol-A free plastic, and includes a reservior, a 14-site lid (for 2" net cups", a 4-site lid (for 3.75" net cups), 14 2" collars, and 14 neoprene 2" discs. The res capacity is slightly over 1 gallon, maybe 12 additional fluid-ounces, depending on the stem-length of your cuttings. It has a footprint of 19.5x6.5"

part1ud.jpg

Additional items needed: 12" bar air-stone (can use more others, depending on your inventory), air pump, air hose.

Items I purchased also: 2 elbows, a 1/2" grommet, a valve

part2az.jpg

to install the valve you will need to drill a 3/4" hole. Installing the grommet is easier from inside. For cloning you won't need to swap out the water per cycle, but I will be using this to grow and harvest 4 plants once this batch roots, and a drain is always usefull.

note: this sytem can easily be adapted to other forms of hydroponic growing such as flood-and-drain, NFT, etc. so the grommet has much utility.

drainsa.jpg

One end of the res has a hole for the air-hose

stoneiy.jpg

Here is the assembled kit under a single 2ft. T5, next to a bubbleponics cloner I built. When I clone in cubes I get roots in about 7 days. I am only using the neoprene collars that came with the kit. I want ! :rock:

completep.jpg

Archived