The Chronic Pain Clause

I am not currently a patient and my last encounter with marijuana was in 1986 so I have no practical experience or knowledge of its use for chronic pain. I suffer from chronic back pain as the result of an old injury in addition to disc dehydration and arthritis. Is marijuana effective for the treatment of pain? I would rather use a safe and natural herb instead of the oxycodone that hurts my liver and is bad for me. I'm not even sure if I am a candidate and I have heard that the State is trying to disqualify those who attempt to become patients under the "chronic pain" clause of the law.

I will become a caregiver for a family member in the near future and am considering becoming a patient as well, I suppose I am just nervous about taking that first step.

Marijuana contains compounds proven to be analgesic, meaning like aspirin they dull pain sensation moderately. Seek meds containing high rates of CBD compounds, good for physical discomforts. Easily done since now several test labs operate in the state.

Note also to grab up your medical records supporting your chronic pain history before seeing a doctor. Even better would be if your own doctor would sign your certification.

I am not currently a patient and my last encounter with marijuana was in 1986 so I have no practical experience or knowledge of its use for chronic pain. I suffer from chronic back pain as the result of an old injury in addition to disc dehydration and arthritis. Is marijuana effective for the treatment of pain? I would rather use a safe and natural herb instead of the oxycodone that hurts my liver and is bad for me. I'm not even sure if I am a candidate and I have heard that the State is trying to disqualify those who attempt to become patients under the "chronic pain" clause of the law.

I will become a caregiver for a family member in the near future and am considering becoming a patient as well, I suppose I am just nervous about taking that first step.

yes, medical marijuana can be effective for pain. you just have to find the right strains. i'm not going to pretend i'm an expert on which strains are best for pain, so you'll just have to do some research on the internet about it, or talk with some people on this site that know more about it ;)

i haven't heard about them trying to disqualify people for chronic pain, hmmm. i too have bad back pain, and that's what i registered with. anyways, good luck buddy :)

They all seem to work to at least some good degree for my back pain lately. My pain is only moderate though. I think some of the best pain relief was from a strain I grew myself that was a lowryder created from the Ruderalis plant and some indica and sativa. I think it may be higher in CBD's than many strain due to the Ruderalis line. It did not get my head high but kinda just relaxed and eased muscles but yeah I would think mostly Indica's would be best for back pain.

The chronic pain clause is how most people get their card. I have a painful nerve condition that is covered under it thank God. You shouldn't have to be dying to get access to the best medicine on Earth.

I have found the Blueberry strain to be excellent for pain relief in the limbs. In the end everyone is different and you will end up growing a bunch of different varieties to find out what works for you. Also, before you become a caregiver you should learn how to grow. It ain't easy. Definitely sample your own medicine (or have someone else test it) before distributing it to make sure it's quality.

Archived